I dropped my Droid Razr in the sink. I need help.

trolinity

Reaction score
Hello, I dropped my phone in the sink and it had a constant red light, But was still usable.

I decided too put it in a bag of rice. I left it over night and now it is unresponsive. I plugged it into my computer, But a White Light popped on.

I have had on the wall charger for 5 hours and nothing. What do I do? I don't have the $100 for insurance. I need my phone for work. Please help.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Razr but the general thinking id that the battery should be pulled if possible and overnight may not be nearly long enough.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I don't have a Razr but the general thinking id that the battery should be pulled if possible and overnight may not be nearly long enough.

Unfortunately the biggest problem in this case - and that of many new phones is the battery is not (easily) user removable. It can be done but its not a task thats up to the skills of the every day user. .... heck, or even me too. ;-)

David

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
Hello, I dropped my phone in the sink and it had a constant red light, But was still usable.

I decided too put it in a bag of rice. I left it over night and now it is unresponsive. I plugged it into my computer, But a White Light popped on.

I have had on the wall charger for 5 hours and nothing. What do I do? I don't have the $100 for insurance. I need my phone for work. Please help.

I did air cond. and have a good vacuum pump, BUT what might work is if you have or know someone who has a food vacuum sealer that will seal ball jars. put it in a ball jar and keep a vacuum on it for a day or so with a light bulb on the glass to warm it should dry it out. just a thought.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I would definitley try keeping in the bag for longer. You might want to try and pick up some silica packets to help draw out the moisture. I would also make sure that you are leaving it in a room with a decent room temp. Unfortunately their are times that none of these tricks work. I''ll hope for the best for you.

Skiddz

Reaction score
4" zip tie is the perfect tool to pop the case apart. Use the pointed end to GENTLY work the tip of the ziptie between the seams in the case halves. Once it's in, you can work the ziptie down the seam and the case halves will pop apart. When they do, the "buttons" will fall out so do this over a towel or a cookie sheet so you don't lose them.

To pull the battery, you'll need a T3 bit. There are two screws at the bottom edge that secure the battery connectors to the phone. Pull those screws and lift the battery out.

Douse the entire phone in 90% isopropyl alcohol and make sure you get it everywhere. Let it dry. If you're impatient, use a hair dryer on low. The alcohol will desiccate any water left in the phone as it evaporates.

Dry out the battery with the hair dryer but BE CAREFUL not to heat it up too much!

Reassemble the phone and fire it up. I've saved my Razr twice like this, the last time after a dunk in my salt water pool.

Good luck!

UrgentHornet

Reaction score
I have an droid razor and I have a white light on. However, I have just received my replacement and when I tried to move my contacts to through back up assistant. Back up assistant deleted a portion of my contacts. Not only did it delete it, it also deleted the contacts in my Verizon online account/ trash. My question is can I still retrieve my contacts without cloud, and or back up assistant? Mind you my old razor does not power on. These contacts have to be some where they could not have just deleted every where. I ve tried gmail, and google + and no contacts. Please let me know if there is a tech saavy way to get them back.

Thanks