OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Stock status bar is now up.

I'm not seeing it, is it part of the package or is there supposed to be another download?

EDIT: My bad, I see it. Is the only way to use the Clockwork Mod or can I use the command line install for it?

Command line since I have not done the clockwork install yet.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not seeing it, is it part of the package or is there supposed to be another download?

EDIT: My bad, I see it. Is the only way to use the Clockwork Mod or can I use the command line install for it?

Thank you sir.

No prob. Just noticed I had the stock status bar labeled as clockwork install. It is command line and not clockwork. Fixed up link...

Let me know if you have any problems...

Druuseph

Reaction score

Thank you sir.

No prob. Just noticed I had the stock status bar labeled as clockwork install. It is command line and not clockwork. Fixed up link...

I had the last step before the reboot tell me the mount couldn't be done because it was busy but I just did the command again and it went through no problem, all set. Really digging the transparent drag down menu.

So, if I am understanding this right, now that it is deodexed I could, theoretically go into LauncherPro and change the background of the App Drawer to be semi-transparent or a different color? Not that I really have the expertise to do so but it would be an interesting experiment.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

I had the last step before the reboot tell me the mount couldn't be done because it was busy but I just did the command again and it went through no problem, all set. Really digging the transparent drag down menu.

So, if I am understanding this right, now that it is deodexed I could, theoretically go into LauncherPro and change the background of the App Drawer to be semi-transparent or a different color? Not that I really have the expertise to do so but it would be an interesting experiment.

Glad it worked out. Did you use the stock status bar? Is the clock text, ongoing and carrier text black? I did not test it and just guessed it would work :)

In my other thread, How To Hack Your Droid, I will post instructions on how to modify APK files in a bit...it is easy. Install winrar and 7zip. Open, not extract the APK file with winrar. You can drag and drop files when the APK is opened to replace files. When you are doing replacing files just close out of winrar and it will save the changes to the APK. You can extract the APK file as a zip file to see which files you want to work on but you can not zip it up after it has been extracted to have it work. Just replace the files when the APK is open in winrar...

Druuseph

Reaction score

Glad it worked out. Did you use the stock status bar? Is the clock text, ongoing and carrier text black? I did not test it and just guessed it would work :)

In my other thread, How To Hack Your Droid, I will post instructions on how to modify APK files in a bit...it is easy. Install winrar and 7zip. Open, not extract the APK file with winrar. You can drag and drop files when the APK is opened to replace files. When you are doing replacing files just close out of winrar and it will save the changes to the APK. You can extract the APK file as a zip file to see which files you want to work on but you can not zip it up after it has been extracted to have it work. Just replace the files when the APK is open in winrar...

r5c6e.png

Everything looks good. Everything feels faster too, my girlfriend even commented on it without being prompted a second ago so I am assuming that is not just wishful thinking.

You can add that picture to your front page to display what the stock looks like if you wish.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LauncherPro .7.9.0

LauncherPro has been updated...check the bottom of first post for install instructions.

medic77

Reaction score
Okay so I am trying to follow the instructions, but I am also a completel noob and am having some difficulty here.

So i got the sdk installed (dont know how to set it up or use it though)
So my issue is when I open the command prompt, and type in the adb shell, it comes back as not recognized.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please.
Thank you

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Okay so I am trying to follow the instructions, but I am also a completel noob and am having some difficulty here.

So i got the sdk installed (dont know how to set it up or use it though)
So my issue is when I open the command prompt, and type in the adb shell, it comes back as not recognized.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please.
Thank you

ALl detailed instructions are on the SDK home page. If you are already rooted you may want to look at my 2.4 ROM since it has the black status bar built in on a version and you do not need to mess with adb.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i cannot get the command prompt step to work =[...
please help me i dont get the SET THE PATH part...kind of a noob

jbaughb

Reaction score
So I have a R2D2 edition Droid 2 and its rooted, with bootstrap and i've customized it quite a bit by removing some bloatware.
Id like to deodex but would following the steps in this thread affect all of the custom R2D2 addons, sounds, startup video, ect?

If it would affect that, how can I get a deodexed system without screwing up my Star Wars Droid?
Thank you.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I have a R2D2 edition Droid 2 and its rooted, with bootstrap and i've customized it quite a bit by removing some bloatware.
Id like to deodex but would following the steps in this thread affect all of the custom R2D2 addons, sounds, startup video, ect?

If it would affect that, how can I get a deodexed system without screwing up my Star Wars Droid?
Thank you.

I would be very very careful. If anything goes wrong it will be very hard, almost impossible to go back. Do you have an untouched system dump of your phone?

rtfield

Reaction score
Should the quad scores be better after doing this? Mine are the same.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
well mine kept giving me error but i went ahead and tried to install a theme and it seems like it worked. WEIRD??

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ok so after i deodexed my phone, can i delete the folders APP and FRAMEWORK from my SD card or do i have to leave them there?