Deleting Ringtones

windstrings

Reaction score
I've created some ringtones by going into my sounds directory and holding on the sound I want and telling it to use it as a ringtone.

Now that several of those selections are in my ringtones, are they there forever or is there a way to delete the ones I want from the phone?

If not, Can they be deleted from the SD card or are they stored on the phone?

hh021374

Reaction score
I thought I was just listening to ring tones at Myxer, turns out they were downloaded to the phone, how can I delete them?:huh: Other than that, LOVE the phone...:icon_ banana:

jdroid

Reaction score
Settings>Applications>Mangage Applications>DRM Protected Content Storage Then press Clear Data

:biggrin:

hh021374

Reaction score
I have the same problem...
#3 jdroid
Droid Newbie

Member #4249
Phone: Enter Current Phone Here
View jdroid's Gallery

clear.gif
Settings>Applications>Mangage Applications>DRM Protected Content Storage Then press Clear Data

hh021374

Reaction score

:biggrin:

I'm having the same problem but I dont see this in my phone.

i didn't either at first, when you get into the "managing apps" hit the menu button and click for the "all" apps to be showing and then look for the "DRM Content Storage" then clear data...warning it will delete all the ringtones you have downloaded so if there is one you want for sure you will have to down load it again
hope this helps...hh

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys always have the option of installing a file explorer app and manually deleting ringtones off your SD card.:)
This is what I've found to be the simplest and most effective way. And you don't lose ALL your ringtones.

paulglas953

Reaction score
You guys always have the option of installing a file explorer app and manually deleting ringtones off your SD card.:)
This is what I've found to be the simplest and most effective way. And you don't lose ALL your ringtones.
I have andexplorer file management app and I can't find my downloaded ringtones. Any ideas?

clwither

Reaction score
I have andexplorer file management app and I can't find my downloaded ringtones. Any ideas?

I don't thinkit is possible to manually delete files that were downloadxed via myxer tones or other websites such as. You only have the ability to delete those that were created on the phone (ringdroid), those downloaded to the phone ( copy to sd card ), and those manually uploaded to the droid. Again these are my findings

jdroid

Reaction score
you're right clwither. you can't use a file exp. app to delete myxer ringtones. and thanks for pointing out that you have to select "all".

Duganz

Reaction score
I figure since SEARCH came up with this thread, I'll necro it because I would like to know the answer to this also.

Groucho

Reaction score
Using Astro (or another file manager utility), just go to /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones