Deleting HTC Software

S

Suck_my_Droid

I just got the Incredible and I want to know how to get some of the native apps off. I am new and I have done a few searches, but i didn't find anything. Please help. And I am trying not to root it. Please help!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't delete system apps without rooting. What apps are you trying to remove?

OP
S

Suck_my_Droid

Thanks for the quick reply, i am trying to remove the stock facebook, footprints, and some other crap. Just wondering, i am coming from blackberry and you could delete extra crap. Its all good, maybe after a while I will root this thing. :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, i am trying to remove the stock facebook, footprints, and some other crap. Just wondering, i am coming from blackberry and you could delete extra crap. Its all good, maybe after a while I will root this thing. :)
Unless you are able to uninstall it from the market, there is no way to get facebook off. Not sure what footprints is, don't have an Incredible. Anything that comes on the phone out of the box will need root to get it off though.

OP
S

Suck_my_Droid

Well that sucks, maybe after I have it more than a day or two i will root it. Or maybe i will wait until 2.2 and then root that. :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, root now, because no one knows how long it will take to root the Incredible's version of 2.2.

nightfishing

Reaction score
I just got the Incredible and I want to know how to get some of the native apps off. I am new and I have done a few searches, but i didn't find anything. Please help. And I am trying not to root it. Please help!

Just don't worry about them. The Inc has plenty of app space.

Rooting is a dumb idea with 2.2 coming, IMHO.

R24D24

Reaction score
Wait for 2.2 to root, doing it now is a waste.