HTC _IME Keyboard Issues

rtc1036

Reaction score
Hello everyone. First off I wouldn't be posting if I wasn't at my wits end with this problem. I've Google my problem, searched all sorts of forums and am either too stupid it the answer isn't there.

I have an Incredible rooted with Virtuous 3. 1. 0 and love it. I am relatively new to mods on my phone, but am not technologically stupid. I installed an HTC _IME(v 27) keyboard with no issues, but now I've created a custom skin and that's when the problems began. I can't seem to get the new one installed.

I tried using Astro to update, but its not a choice. I tried using ROM Manager, but that won't work either. I tried unzipping and copying the APK file straight into the system file and that didn't work. I tried uninstalling and that didn't work either.

In desperation I uninstalled the HTC _IME file and that didn't work. To top it off, under my keyboard settings I no longer have the HTC _IME tick box or the touch settings box even though on reboot the HTC _IME file is back. Also when I long press a text box, my only choice is quick text.

After all that, I've lost my original keyboard and the skinned one is what remains. Wouldn't be an issue if it was the skin I wanted.

What did I do wrong, how do I fix it and how do I install my new skin? Thanks in advance and go easy on me, maybe I just know enough to break things...

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

OP
R

rtc1036

Reaction score
Ok, somehow got it to work, but the tick box for HTC_IME is missing under my keyboard settings. Touch input is also missing from the keyboard settings. Also long press on the text box only presents the option for entering quick text. Any ideas?

I've also lost the calibration function as well.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App