Deleting Gmail Trash

colbyrem

Reaction score
I am trying to help my boyfriend figure out how to delete his gmail trash? Can anyone help me? I just use mail & I know you go in through the apps and select Mail. Then use the menu & select folders & trash. Not sure why you can't select all at once but at least I can delete them. You don't get that option in gmail. Any suggestions that I can share with him? He also has the HTC Droid Incredible.

Thanks.

hauptm

Reaction score
Only way I've been able to do it is to go to a PC and go to gmail.com.

OP
C

colbyrem

Reaction score
Thanks. I know he doesn't have the folders option - only labels. When you go in there you do have a trash folder. You can't delete from there? Just asking - I don't know. I'll tell him to try logging into his gmail from my mac. Thanks again.

hauptm

Reaction score
On the left side on gmail.com there is a list of folders. There's one called Other. Click on that one and it will expand and Trash is one of them.

Click on Trash to show all of the e-mails. Click on the one's to be deleted and then click on the Delete Forever button.

OP
C

colbyrem

Reaction score
Thanks hauptm. I will let him know. Can you actually do it from your phone by going to gmail.com through the internet? If so, I might have him try that. Otherwise he can use my mac. Thanks again!!

hauptm

Reaction score
Never tried it but I don't see why it wouln't work.

Good luck!