Delayed Best Buy launch?

JimmK

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy (Cleveland/Akron area) last night to look at the mock droid x (looks and feels great) and the mobile rep said that they may not even launch the phone on july 15th. It may get pushed back a few days because they will not receive shipment in. He also said that verizon stores will be the same way in the area. I didnt believe him on the verizon stores but i could believe that best buy may not be ready by the 15th. I noticed this morning that the Best Buy ad did NOT have the Droid X in there advertisement like they did last week. I would assume they would promote it the week they are selling it....

Anyone else hear anything about this?

I hope not... im 4th on the first wave of pre-orders...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
which one are you referring to? i preorderd mine at the one in youngstown a week back but havent checked whether or not theyll be ready

ill be pretty heated if they dont have them on the 15th

also, come to think of it, they might have just taken it out of the ad bc they probably wont be selling any that day - just dealing with the preorders.

UnKnownviper113

Reaction score
I got mine preprdered at bestbuy in niles i am going to have to go down and check on this.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got mine preprdered at bestbuy in niles i am going to have to go down and check on this.

id just call that specific BB and ask to talk to the wireless dept. they should be able to tell u whats going on. thats probably what im gonna do

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just called the Niles bestbuy and they still dont know whats going on about the 15th.

yea im gonna wait til tuesday or so to call and see whats up. thats kinda sucky though because they said the 15th so i expect it the 15th

OP
J

JimmK

Reaction score
yeah im going to get mad if they push it back...

they should be positive by now.... they expect to sell it in four days...

Rubi22

Reaction score
I've heard from my BB and two different verizon stores that yes, the 15th may not be the actual release day. BUT they both assured me that the day verizon gets them, BB will get them too.

So it's not about BB not having them, it's about your market not having them.

Also they've said if they don't get them the 15th, it should only be a couple of days at the most before they're in.

Crimsongost

Reaction score
They are already in the VZW stores in Ct. spoke with the rep today and he showed me the cases he was putting up I saw 20 boxes or so.

magikmarkur

Reaction score
Spoke with the BB I pre ordered from and they said the 15th is the actual date...

IDK what's the deal with the other ones, but it seems the 15th is a real release date.

Hope so!

ummark

Reaction score
i called best buy and they said only preorders would be in on the 15th.

Warner

Reaction score
When I went in on Saturday to buy some stuff and check on my pre-order status (#1 on the list), the rep I talked to didn't indicate any issues with the release date. He didn't know how many phones they were getting yet, but said he expected them to sell all of them the first day.

Warner

magikmarkur

Reaction score
When I went in on Saturday to buy some stuff and check on my pre-order status (#1 on the list), the rep I talked to didn't indicate any issues with the release date. He didn't know how many phones they were getting yet, but said he expected them to sell all of them the first day.

Warner

I'm # 1 on the East Brunswick, NJ BB list!! dancedroid