delay in returning to home screen

rsstucky

Reaction score
Recently I've my Motorla Droid has delayed for about 5 seconds showing the icons on the home screen. A cloud also moves across the screen and I have to press once to get rid of the cloud and a second time to activate the app I want. Any ideas what this is? I don't recall changing any settings or downloading any apps which would do this.
Thanks for any assistance.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, the cloud sounds like it's the Beautiful Weather Widget, lol.

What you are experiencing in part is the 'home screen redraw' issue. If you are using ADW.launcher as a home replacement there is a setting to make it 'persistent'. Also, I have found that I have the problem less when I use the 'back' button to get back to my home screen rather than just pressing the 'home' button.

If you are rooted and have a custom recovery installed, there is a file you can apply that helps fix it as well. It's in my folder linked below called "ReDrawFix_update.zip". Download it, put it on your sdcard and apply it with your favorite custom recovery system with the usual method.

good luck

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes. Root and a custom recovery is all that's required.

OP
R

rsstucky

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but what do you mean by "if you are rooted" and "have a custom recovery system installed"?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hmmm, if you don't know then you are not rooted.

The real quick version. "Rooted" means you have done something to your phone (which does void the warranty, BTW) that gives you full superuser/administrative access to the filesystem. A "custom recovery system" is one that replaces the stock one allowing you to install things to your phone without having to pass the certification checks that regular official updates have. They also usually have a program called nandroid that alloys you to backup your system, which is like setting a system restore point in windows.

steveil

Reaction score
Ok, I installed this on Saturday and so far so good. When I installed it said it completed but the status bar stopped at roughly 60% or so - never got to 100%. Not sure if I should have waited or not. Anyway rebooted. Also are you using an app called MinFreeManager?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
What did you install on Saturday? The file I mentioned? If that is the case, the reason you didn't see much action in the way of a status bar is because I left out the 'fluff' commands to show and status as it really doesn't need one. All it's doing is copying a file less than 1kB to your phone.