constant delays (droid 1)

liguy257

Reaction score
Getting frustrated with this phone lately. I was using launcher pro for probably 6-7 months and I loved it, but I eventually couldn't deal with the delay that would happen anytime I went from an app to the home screen--something that should be instantaneous.

Because of that I went back to using the stock home screen :)icon_evil:) but now I'm getting these delays again. It gets annoying when you're trying to multitask or do something quickly and end up staring at a screen waiting for it to load.

The other issue I'm getting is when I bring up the gallery--sometimes It just shows the album names and it can take 30-60 seconds for the pictures to pop up. I feel like there has to be something wrong with the phone at this point because I don't remember these problems in the beginning. I don't think I have enough apps to say the memory is overloaded.

Vent over. Six more months and I'm trashing this thing. You'd think for what it cost early on it would be a much more solid performer.

happenstance314

Reaction score
Try killing processes and freeing up RAM.

Advanced Task Killer works wonders for performance.

If all else fails you can soft reset, or unload apps that use vital resources.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Go to settings --> applications --> running services, and kill any apps you aren't using.

I have MemoryUp Pro for cases like this and it works great

iamjoe

Reaction score
liguy57, i think you have my phone and not yours cause mine does the EXACT SAME THING!. I have come close many a time to smashing it to the ground.

happenstance, I have heard that task killers aren't needed for DROID OS

dezymond, if I kill apps, don't they just come back online?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Leonius

Reaction score
I had this same problem. There is a hack for rooted users that involves copy/pasting a command into the terminal. Unfortuneatly I don't have the link handy. Another thing I would recommend is grabbing a cache cleaner and having it run every twelve hours or so. I have a rooted D1 on sapphire and once I did those two things it ran like butter and I don't think ive waited on a homescreen in ages.