Home Screen Loading Issues

justin482005

Reaction score
Ok everytime i am in another app or leaving a app to go to the home screen everything is so delayed such as icons not showing for several seconds and does it alot i do have quick contacts and my home screen as well as beautiful widgets...

i do use the task manager and a 1 tap cleaner for the cashe and still has the issue with loading the home screen widgets and icons

any help thanks

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Are you using the stock launcher? Don't. My favorites now are ADW and Nemus, both free in the market. I used to love GO Launcher EX but their intrusive privileges have turned me off to it.

I would stop killing apps if I were you. There's no need for it as Android will handle it. If an app has an exit/quit/close button then use it, but even that isn't always necessary. The one exception would be Google Nav. Definitely choose Exit when done to shut down the GPS. Remove all items from any auto end list, don't use task killers, don't kill tasks.

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
Are you using the stock launcher? Don't. My favorites now are ADW and Nemus, both free in the market. I used to love GO Launcher EX but their intrusive privileges have turned me off to it.

I would stop killing apps if I were you. There's no need for it as Android will handle it. If an app has an exit/quit/close button then use it, but even that isn't always necessary. The one exception would be Google Nav. Definitely choose Exit when done to shut down the GPS. Remove all items from any auto end list, don't use task killers, don't kill tasks.

Using the stock launcher and I was killing the apps and added some to the autokill on the stock task manager.......also I do exit the gps when I use it.....and the stock task killer isn't good? ??

Sent from my DROID3

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Don't use any automatic task killers including the stock one. There's no need to kill tasks manually either. If apps that you've installed run on boot for no reason, uninstall them and find better alternatives. Don't worry about any stock apps running on boot.

Download ADW, Nemus, or ZEAM to use as a launcher. Try all 3 if you like. If you don't mind the intrusive permisions, GO Launcher EX is good.

OP
justin482005

justin482005

Reaction score
see maybe its just me but everytime i have used a differnt launcher it seems to drain my battery more for some reason and i did take the apps off auto kill and it already seems to speed up

Don't use any automatic task killers including the stock one. There's no need to kill tasks manually either. If apps that you've installed run on boot for no reason, uninstall them and find better alternatives. Don't worry about any stock apps running on boot.

Download ADW, Nemus, or ZEAM to use as a launcher. Try all 3 if you like. If you don't mind the intrusive permisions, GO Launcher EX is good.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any battery drain with ADW. It's worth a shot. You can always uninstall.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I can confirm ADW and Go Launcher have not hurt my battery time. I also concur with the earlier comments on the task killer. Killing the cache regularly may also not be such a good idea. If you're trying to make your phone faster with all this you may actually be making it slower by causing it to reload lots of things.

Here is some technical info on how Android handles these things: Processes and Threads | Android Developers

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Yeah, only kill tasks or clear cache if you're having some kind of problem.