Deal: Xiaomi 1080P Wifi Camera For $24

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1476382922705268491.jpg

If you are interested in setting up a wifi security camera system inside your house you may be detoured by the shear cost. Something like the Nest Cam will set you back $200 for a single camera. Xiaomi has their own version of the camera. Their wifi camera is 1080p and includes night vision. The camera also supports motion and sound detection. The camera feature two way audio with a built in mic and speaker you can let intruders know that you are watching them. You can buy 8 of their cameras for the price of one Nest Camera. Xiaomi sells many of their products at break even or at a loss in order to acquire their customers. The camera can be accessed through the Mi Home app on Android and iOS devices. Grab one from the link below.

via GearBest

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I almost bought this until I saw the notes about the accompanying app used to control the camera. Must be set to Mainland China as the source??? Nope.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I know this is the deal of the day, but I'd like to toss out a recommendation to someone looking to add cameras to their home.

I'd recommend the Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P for $90. I'd say it's a difficulty of 7 out of 10 to set up. But, with a little know how you can set up as many as you'd like and securely have access from anywhere. Pan, tilt, zoom, night vision, two-way speaker and microphone audio, and virtually any recording setup. I currently have two in my house that always record until they fill their dedicated network hard drives. I'll probably get two more for the exterior. No need to have someone else save your camera feeds for a fee, and I get private encrypted access through my personal domain. I first started using this cam about 6 years ago when my daughter was born, back when it was Foscam. Since then they changed to Amcrest and their native app is terrific.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I almost bought this until I saw the notes about the accompanying app used to control the camera. Must be set to Mainland China as the source??? Nope.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Just noticed that. It's odd you have the options of US and a few other countries but need to select Mainland China? Maybe the author lives there that's why?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
regular price for this camera is $23. whether you buy from gearbest, tinydeal, aliexpress or lightinthebox it will take 3-4 weeks for delivery from mainland china. also be cautious as sometimes you can get chinese firmware version so unless you're fluent in chinese/mandarin you'll have hard setting it up. i've had these problems with xiaomi routers that i ended up flipping on ebay.
Aliexpress.com : Buy Xiaomi XiaoFang Portable 110 Degree F2.0 8X Digital Zoom Night Vision WiFi IP Smart 1080P Camera from Reliable camera van suppliers on Ai Yi Trading Co., Ltd. Spectrum

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
A great universal app that I used for about 5 years is IPCam Pro by Robert Chou. The guy who wrote the app has faithfully updated it 1-2 times a month for the entire five years that I used it. Dude never misses a beat.

IP Cam Viewer Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

He's a great dev, even if the app isn't the prettiest out there. The only reason I stopped using it in the past year is that the native app for my current cams are so good now. But, for sure if I needed a camera app this would be my first choice.