Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wonder when they'll release a Chromecast 2.0? The specs on the current model are pretty weak compared to the FireStick and some of the other devices.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wonder when they'll release a Chromecast 2.0? The specs on the current model are pretty weak compared to the FireStick and some of the other devices.

S5 tap'n
They'll probably surprise announce it right after mine arrives and I get it setup.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So I'm pretty sure I just bought the Chromecast for straight-up screen mirroring, since I can send youtube videos to the xbox one if I find them on my phone and it's easy enough for me to use the xbox for netflix and amazon prime video, but maybe I'll find more use for it.

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have several streaming devices - Chromecast, Roku, smart TVs, PS3, and Xbox One - and the Chromecast is by far my most used. Besides being clean, simple, and easy to use, it's also the most versatile.

I mainly use my PS3, PS3, and PC for any other streaming and inter-home file transfers. I use the PS3 the most.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I used to use my PS3 until I got a Roku. Now my PS3 is just my BluRay player/paperweight...

Wolvee

Reaction score
I have 2 Logitech Revu boxes that are collecting dust, so the Chromecast might be a waste on me, but we'll see.

I loved my Revu's and it was hard to accept that little Roku remote but the Revu's were so buggy and slow. It really would have been nice if they would have used better hardware and kept up support for them. I think they got lost in the middle ground Android tech evolution. They were pretty good but people wanted what was around the corner more.

I think the same could be said for the Sony NSZ-GS7.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I loved my Revu's and it was hard to accept that little Roku remote but the Revu's were so buggy and slow. It really would have been nice if they would have used better hardware and kept up support for them. I think they got lost in the middle ground Android tech evolution. They were pretty good but people wanted what was around the corner more.

I think the same could be said for the Sony NSZ-GS7.
Yup. Having to restart the revu because the TV picture would stutter day a joke, but had to be done every do often in my experience. Really? The data should just pass through you unmolested. Leave it alone.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not to downplay the Chromecast, as it IS a great device, but if you're a "spec junky" like I am and are still on the fence in regards to buying a media stick, you should seriously consider the new Amazon FireStick. The specs alone blow away the CC & Roku and the available programming is on par with the other two, if not better in some cases. Just something to consider. We couldn't be happier with ours.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not to downplay the Chromecast, as it IS a great device, but if you're a "spec junky" like I am and are still on the fence in regards to buying a media stick, you should seriously consider the new Amazon FireStick. The specs alone blow away the CC & Roku and the available programming is on par with the other two, if not better in some cases. Just something to consider. We couldn't be happier with ours.

S5 tap'n
My cc will be here tomorrow. I have a hard time with Amazon products that kinda bastardize android, so specs aren't the most important thing to me.

Either device will do the bit of streaming & mirroring that I might wanna do though & do it well by the sound of it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So Best Buy fails at package size vs product size...

ab3ddb85b73ce324ab6b2ded76e7a141.jpg

drtnsnw

Reaction score
so, dumb question. How do you get the 20.00 play store credit?? I went to bestbuy and picked mine up but can't figure out where to get my rebate

Chris

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
so, dumb question. How do you get the 20.00 play store credit?? I went to bestbuy and picked mine up but can't figure out where to get my rebate

Chris
Unless something has changed, go to Chromecast.com/offers. I think you have to be on a PC and connected to the Chromecast. Then you should see all available offers & promotions.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Chris
I received an email later on the day that I ordered it with a code to enter in the play store. I was able to redeem the code before the chromecast even arrived.