Deal: Refurbished Chromecast for only $20

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
130730122817-google-chromecast-620xa.jpg

This is probably the cheapest you will be able to get the Chromecast for. It normally goes for about $35. Of course the Chromecast is probably the easiest way to get video from your Android to your TV. Hundreds of apps are now Chromecast compatible, and most websites these days have options to cast to a chromecast. Google also releases deals on a pretty regular basis which include free movies and free movie rentals. You can grab a refurbished Chromcast for only $20! There have already been over 10,000 units sold and these wont last long. Grab yours from the link below.

via Groupon

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Even at full price, these things pay for themselves with the occasional promotional "Have a free app or extended free trial of something on us" deals. I've made my money back and then some on the one I bought at full price, but got Google Play credit with.

Deals like these just sweeten the pot that much more.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I keep seeing these things come up. What does it do that say TVersity or Plex doesn't?

I have a Plex server that streams all my movies and tv shows to my XBOX.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Honestly, I almost never use mine. I've got the Xbone in my man cave and we've got the xbox 360 and an Android TV in the family room, so the Chromecast is the last thing I think to use for Netflix and other similar things. It's kinda cool for mirroring your phone when you're doing other things to show people pictures or share your screen without huddling, but I don't have much use for it as a streaming device.

With that said, a free movie rental every couple/few months has made my money back on it as I said earlier.

If you have no other streaming device, or only have a device on ONE TV in a house and would like to get your content to another TV without paying an arm and a leg, it's a great idea to get one of these, but if you're already pretty well set, you'll only get free movies out of it that you "purchase" using your phone after verifying your Chromecast and then launch on another device (Android TV).