Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
chomecast-googleplay.jpg

Right now you can get a Google Chromcast for just $29.99. I know that's not much of a discount from the regular $35 price but Best Buy is throwing in a $20 Google Play credit which essentially makes this a $10 Chromecast and that's a pretty good deal if you ask me. You have until January 31, 2015 to redeem your code so click on the link below to take advantage of this deal now.

Google Chromecast - $29.99 + $20 Google Play Credit

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I mean, your trading money for play credit & if you subtract it, you're getting the chromecast super cheap & I buy apps & add-ons anyway...

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
There's just nothing killer about CC to me to make me want to give up the Rokus (or add yet more crap to the setup). Especially since Google Movies is now on Roku..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have a Roku, Chromecast and 2 Matchsticks on the way. It's still a Killer deal.. Thanks for sharing @wicked .

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've said it in another thread, I'm moving the Xbox 360 out of the man cave for the little guy, so I'll have an open hdmi slot on the 60-incher...hmmm....

I'll have to take a closer look at bills this month.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Great deal. I think the Chromecast is worthwhile at full price without any extras. This is a steal.

Love my chromecast and highly recommend it. Was wanting to check out a Nexus player but eh.... after talking to @chevycam94 I may pass. The chromecast is clean simple and just works.

Agreed. I have several streaming devices - Chromecast, Roku, smart TVs, PS3, and Xbox One - and the Chromecast is by far my most used. Besides being clean, simple, and easy to use, it's also the most versatile.

Wolvee

Reaction score
We've got 2 or 3 Chromecasts along with our 3 Roku's. Chromecasts come in handy for the random PC's and devices that connect to them in Rooms.

Our main family TV room has the Roku3 and it's still the best option.

The best place/most used Chromecast device used in our house is the projector for the kids. It's so much easier to have Plex cast to the projector from an Ipad or Iphone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Alright. I ordered one. With occasional little IAP's in games and watchfaces/etc for my g watch, I'll use up $20 fairly quick, so I might as well set that money aside now and not allow myself to spend more than that for a while and I'm sure I'll make use of the device in my own way.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The best place/most used Chromecast device used in our house is the projector for the kids. It's so much easier to have Plex cast to the projector from an Ipad or Iphone.

You have an HDMI on your Projector?
Hmmm... just had a thought. My office could use one of these. ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Soooo...as the IT Manager (as I always say) I love ALL technology. I don't hate Apple OR Microsoft, I just prefer Android for my phone needs. I looked into getting a Chromecast for work...people could cast Chrome (and some other stuff) for both iOS and Android phones to the big screen TV in the conference room. In the interest of fairness I looked at other devices, too. Amazon Fire Stick. Roku. Then Apple TV. This is why you SO annoy me. (Still don't hate you, but...)
ONLY works with iDevices. Kind of assumed that but never seriously looked into it. At least Roku and Chromecast work with
i-devices. Fire stick doesn't do Apple. No surprise there either.