data drops again..new update says Verizon..

Reaction score
So after the last update, my Bionic was good, no data drops. A couple weeks ago it started again. Drop data every day, sometimes for a few mins, other times hours until I reboot the phone. Airplane mode doesn't get it back.

Call Verizon because my ear piece rattles when in calls, have to get a new phone sent out. Tell rep about data drops, walk me through same sh*t, keep phone on, remove battery and sim, reboot. Then sent me to tier 2, rep tells me that Moto is going to release a new update (no date known) to fix more data drop issues. Also said that data drops have to do with viruses in phones from infected apps, and also task killers.

So will the next update work? Who knows. Viruses? Who knows. Task killers? Um ok. I don't use them.

I guess I will see what will happen, how many phones Moto releases before these phone actually work right.

*fingers crossed* I really like this phone, but the data problem sucks, whether it is Big Red or Moto's fault, the world may never know!

haimez

Reaction score
Extra, extra, read all about it! Tier two Verizon rep talks out if ass, manages to get tech enthusiast off the phone without saying anything of substance! Implicates viruses, task killers, and hints at an eventual update while shifting responsibility onto Motorola. Get your copy hyah!

deduct

Reaction score
Extra, extra, read all about it! Tier two Verizon rep talks out if ass, manages to get tech enthusiast off the phone without saying anything of substance! Implicates viruses, task killers, and hints at an eventual update while shifting responsibility onto Motorola. Get your copy hyah!

Ha ha ha....thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
It's just like being at work....pass the buck, sh*t rolls downhill....say whatever to get out of conversation..:blink:

shobe

Reaction score
Yeah I see it starting again. Yahoo mail starts having authentication errors. Next, the data drops start. And yeah, no task killer usage and no new apps installed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Daily data drops in Phoenix area, Tempe.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

player52

Reaction score
i get random data drops in Fort Wayne, indiana and still no fix after the usual BS of restarts,remove sim,etc...

striker85

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not crazy. I've been getting drops here in CT, too.

Any my earpiece rattles too. Maybe I should call up Verizon.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I have an occasional data drop but since 902 it has been a fairly rare occurrence. I am really looking forward to ICS finally being released for the Bionic and it will let this phone reach its potential with full dual core support, hardware accelerated ui, etc....

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My 4g has been a little shaky recently I guess, but never like it was before I had 901/902. I drop down to 3g every now and then, when I would expect to have 4g, but I still haven't seen it drop data completely like it would 10x a day on the other builds. Haven't needed to do an airplane mode cycle a single time since I installed 901 (and now 902, as well).

Roadhawg

Reaction score
I started using fresh network from the market that works real well for refreshing my network.

lvclubkid

Reaction score
Have had a few data drops last few days too. But no where near like it was before 901 and 902.......pretty much flawless since then.

OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
One thing I can say about Verizon is they ship phones fast. On phone with them at 8 pm, by 10 am the next day, boom! Phone at my door! So far its been good, but 1 day isn't a good test. So I will give it a week and see. Hopefully its good, I love the phone, been great in every other way so fingers crossed....

Lownignitus

Reaction score
I'm in phx mesa area and I have a few drops to 3g from 4g periodically when on stock or eclipse roms. I vet even worse on an ICS build. But over all I'm doing great compaired to before. But then I am on wifi 75% the time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Tepes

Reaction score
In the Chicago area my Bionic and my coworkers are having major meltdowns. Not only no data but no calls as well. Another coworker had his 4G phone cut off as well. My boss called in and mine was fixed for about an hour yesterday and then it shut everything down again. Luckily I have my D3 which works fine but I can't get a hold of my coworker because the Bionic is his only phone. I really don't like 4G.

sent from Hitchhikers Guide mark 4