got the update yesterday and.......disappointed

sustained

Reaction score
I am also still getting data drops after the update.

I live in a 4G area, San Jose, CA. But unless I'm doing large data downloads I leave it on 3G most of the time to save the battery. So I keep it on CDMA only. And I still get data drops.

The update was disappointing in this regard.

EDIT: I just want to add that I can get these data drops even with my phone just sitting stationary at home. I set it down it's fine. Later I pick it up and I've lost my connection. So these drops aren't just happening from driving in and out of good and bad receptions areas.

My original Droid never had this problem.

Last edited:

txgal

Reaction score
frustrared to say it nicely!

I cant manually get the update and it isnt being pushed through. Verizon wont do anything except offer me a refurbished phone! They said that this update is motorollas issue...funny, im paying verizon for a service that doesnt work right....dropped calls, limited internet, even after putting phone on 3g, and camera focusing issues! My sym card has been changed out twice! Im paying for insurance, only had the phone 2 months and cant trade it for a new phone that actually works! Any suggestios or help would be greatly appreciated!

twistedme

Reaction score
I cant manually get the update and it isnt being pushed through. Verizon wont do anything except offer me a refurbished phone! They said that this update is motorollas issue...funny, im paying verizon for a service that doesnt work right....dropped calls, limited internet, even after putting phone on 3g, and camera focusing issues! My sym card has been changed out twice! Im paying for insurance, only had the phone 2 months and cant trade it for a new phone that actually works! Any suggestios or help would be greatly appreciated!

Take the refurb. It could remedy your issues and you'll most likely get the update on the new phone. If it does not fix your issues you will at least be able to argue that you tried there remedy and it did not work and request a different model phone.

No worries on the refurb, I have got/purchased 4 so far from vz and there always just like new.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brunla

Reaction score
I was one of the few that did not have many issues with my Bionic from the beginning. Actually loved the phone. I kept it stock and unrooted. After the update, I am now getting BSOD almost daily, where before I would get one maybe once a month. This is the worst bug EVER because you have no idea your phone is dead. You miss calls, texts and emails. It's horrible.

Wallpaper keeps changing without explanation. Data drops.

Seriously Motorola you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Reaction score
OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
So I read that a new leaked update is slowly being leaked out...5.9.901..someone posted this on Droidlife.com....

****Just got off the phone with Motorola and heard that the update was released to a batch of people and it should be released to more by next week. I could only remember a couple of fixes they said:

WiFi Connectivity issues
Issues where the Exchange accounts were having trouble talking with the server
3G/4G connectivity
Music not syncing from phone to computer
Headphone jack ******

Lets hope this fixes the fixes that weren't "fixed".....:blink: