Data dropping but wifi stable

scheweja

Reaction score
I've seen something similar on the board but I thought I'd post this anyway:

When use 4g (or 3g) data, the icon turns white quite abit and I lose the data connection. After a bit it will turn blue and reconnect. This happens when I have 4 bars of signal. When I'm on wifi, it works great. This is my 2nd Bionic and the first one didn't drop data anywhere near what I'm seeing here. Any ideas?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this problem a while back. I called Verizon and they said that a factory reset would fix it. So they walked me through it and long and the behold the problem was fixed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

JohnFH

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
I had this problem a while back. I called Verizon and they said that a factory reset would fix it. So they walked me through it and long and the behold the problem was fixed.

Same for me. Factory reset did the trick for 4G connection.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What software are you running? Is it .905? If so, data drops seem to be problematic on that build. When ICS hits it should alleviate the problem. It did for me, and many others. If you don't want to wait for it to hit, you can get it (use version .232 as you can go back to GB if necessary).

jayrod

Reaction score
What software are you running? Is it .905? If so, data drops seem to be problematic on that build. When ICS hits it should alleviate the problem. It did for me, and many others. If you don't want to wait for it to hit, you can get it (use version .232 as you can go back to GB if necessary).

.902 &.905 were terrible for me. Finally decided to flash .232 and have yet to to have the white 4G,no hand off to 3G problem period! I can finally use the data I've been paying for!

OP
S

scheweja

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. My preference would be to wait for the ICS update but if it isn't here by the end of Sept, I may roll back the software a bit.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
scheweja said:
Thanks for all the replies. My preference would be to wait for the ICS update but if it isn't here by the end of Sept, I may roll back the software a bit.

I wouldn't wait but alright