3g and WIfi icons

haproot

Reaction score
Is it normal on the Bionic that when you connect to wifi, the wifi emblem appears, turns blue, then 3g and the signal bars turn white and stay like that?

so up in the status bar, while connected to wifi it shows : wifi icon (blue), 3g icon (white), signal bars (white)

My droid 3 was never like this, it would always show: wifi icon (blue), signal bars (blue) while connected to wifi.

Edi

Reaction score
Yup, mine is the same. It's meant to be like that I think. Blue meaning it's connected to that data, white meaning it's there but not using it.

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Cool i'm glad it's not just me. Tried on a friends bionic just a bit ago and his did the same as well. The DROID 3 was different as well as my DROID 1 with cm7. So its either a bug or its just how they do it now. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Heywood

Reaction score
The icons are blue when connected to google servers and white when not..normal.

I was just reading a thread about this yesterday and now i cant find it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

geekabilly

Reaction score
What seems to be unique to the Bionic is that when connected to WiFi not only does the WiFi symbol appear, but 3G or 4G symbols remain on mine -- that was not the case on either my OG or Tbolt -- on Gingerbread --

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
What seems to be unique to the Bionic is that when connected to WiFi not only does the WiFi symbol appear, but 3G or 4G symbols remain on mine -- that was not the case on either my OG or Tbolt -- on Gingerbread --

Yep thats what im sayin. It just doesn't look right to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jhom

Reaction score
On a similar note, should both wifi and 4g/3g indicators be on simultaneously? I often see that happening on my bionic.