DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the first complaint of this i've heard...this rom is very speedy/smooth...I don’t know why it's running slow for you... :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Quite possibly its just the way my phone is set up not the rom. Im not picking on anything, Ive just compared it to the other top 5 (apex,gummy,liberty,rumm. and rubix) I luv it but it just doesnt move as fast as the others. As a side note, I had to get a new laptop because my phone was faster than the old one!

You know I think your wright there a saying there ius aN A$$ for every saddle I think there is a rom for every phone every phone is different and every rom will work different on every phone. I have 2 phones a D2 & DX The D2 running the Squidly rom is the fastest Had Liberty & Dark on theX not alot of difference more whistles and bells on LIberty Im looking for the Rom thats gonna be fast and stable maybe not in that order

I've been with DarkSlide only since version 4.1 and haven't changed yet. I was actually gonna flash Liberty for a couple of days (because I admire the two devs) just to see what it was like but haven't taken the plunge. One reason being, I'm not that much of a ROM junkie. And second, I do a LOT of reading and it's not just on the ROM I'm currently reading. And reading speaks for a lot when making a decision. When I see that Liberty has 21 pages of issues and questions versus the 1 and a half pages Darkslide has that says a lot to me. Yes it has bells and whistles. And that in itself causes more questions being asked. But at the same time I have a couple close friends running Liberty with no complaints. But like you said, "ROMs run different on different phones." And Mine like the DarkSlide :)

RubberDucker

Reaction score
Gallery still won't open...

I, like others, tried other ROMS but end up coming back to DarkSlide. In doing so, some how I screwed up my Gallery. It will just try to open and then close immediately. I saw this happened to some other people. What was the fix?

Thanks in advance.

NattyBee

Reaction score
I, like others, tried other ROMS but end up coming back to DarkSlide. In doing so, some how I screwed up my Gallery. It will just try to open and then close immediately. I saw this happened to some other people. What was the fix?

Thanks in advance.
Install 3D Gallery from market.
Find pics/pic folders that shouldn't be there, or that don’t display.
Delete them
Your normal gallery should work after that... ;)

Btw- it's nothing you did, it's a 2.3.34 bug :p

NattyBee

Reaction score
Quite possibly its just the way my phone is set up not the rom. Im not picking on anything, Ive just compared it to the other top 5 (apex,gummy,liberty,rumm. and rubix) I luv it but it just doesnt move as fast as the others. As a side note, I had to get a new laptop because my phone was faster than the old one!

You know I think your wright there a saying there ius aN A$$ for every saddle I think there is a rom for every phone every phone is different and every rom will work different on every phone. I have 2 phones a D2 & DX The D2 running the Squidly rom is the fastest Had Liberty & Dark on theX not alot of difference more whistles and bells on LIberty Im looking for the Rom thats gonna be fast and stable maybe not in that order

I've been with DarkSlide only since version 4.1 and haven't changed yet. I was actually gonna flash Liberty for a couple of days (because I admire the two devs) just to see what it was like but haven't taken the plunge. One reason being, I'm not that much of a ROM junkie. And second, I do a LOT of reading and it's not just on the ROM I'm currently reading. And reading speaks for a lot when making a decision. When I see that Liberty has 21 pages of issues and questions versus the 1 and a half pages Darkslide has that says a lot to me. Yes it has bells and whistles. And that in itself causes more questions being asked. But at the same time I have a couple close friends running Liberty with no complaints. But like you said, "ROMs run different on different phones." And Mine like the DarkSlide :)

Indeed, i've been with DarkSlide since V3.2.1 and while i've never questioned my loyalty to them, I have run some other roms, just so i'd be able to say I did...and in some cases- just to be able to get the best way to come to DarkSlide if someone was on that rom and wanted to know...
I always try to test out Simply StunningX because I have great respect for ChevyNo1...but I have never considered actually leaving DarkSlide...it is, as far as I can see, the best. It is faster, smoother, more functional and more stable than any of the others...plus I am totally in love with the theme!

RubberDucker

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
Install 3D Gallery from market.
Find pics/pic folders that shouldn't be there, or that don’t display.
Delete them
Your normal gallery should work after that... ;)

Btw- it's nothing you did, it's a 2.3.34 bug :p

Thanks. This worked. 3D Gallery works... normal Gallery doesn't, but I'm good with the 3D Version.

chefb

Reaction score
Hey gang....I dipped out for a bit tried out liberty to see a bout this tool box thing....it serves the purposes. Came back to darkslide. I thought that there was a bug with pandora and the rom. I asked sound an posted there....but. not much of a response. It was shorting out when I pluged in my head phones......the app???? Like was going from pause to play annoyingly . Now its working better but still acts up.....might be the head phones maybe?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Waiting for what lol!!……

sent from stock dx

New version. Either people are happy with the way 4.3 is running or they have moved on until the next version of DS.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

You mean 4.2... ;)

Just seeing if you were paying attention. Been so long since we seen you in here :) lol, j/k. Yea, my bad, 4.2. Was late when posted that. Guess I had the next version on my mind ;)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

NattyBee

Reaction score
New version. Either people are happy with the way 4.3 is running or they have moved on until the next version of DS.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

You mean 4.2... ;)

Just seeing if you were paying attention. Been so long since we seen you in here :) lol, j/k. Yea, my bad, 4.2. Was late when posted that. Guess I had the next version on my mind ;)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Excuses excuses :p I caught that while drinking and watching Baing Human... lol :p