Damn Man, battery died overnight!

kennyc

Reaction score
Never expected that. This is only my 2nd day with the new baby, it seemed fine all day yesterday -- intermittent use. Was low 20% so charged it a bit before bedtime ... upto 30% and it died in the night.

Not sure if I should be concerned or not yet....it's charging right now.

Maybe the battery meter status is not yet calibrated?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah if it was at 30%, its not uncommon for it to die overnight if not charged. I can go to bed leaving it at 100% full and when I wake up it could be at 80%. So 20% or 30% drain sounds about right.

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Thanks for that DL....will continue monitoring and begin to check some battery-saving stuff...

avt123

Reaction score
I would use the power saving modes if you are going to keep it off the charger at night. Right now I'm at 60% battery and my device has been running for 17 hours and 9 minutes. I use my device constantly all day. Hopefully you are able to get the same type of battery life or better. :)

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Thanks Avt123....we'll see... I made some minor adjustments to the battery and etc. It's charging at the moment....we'll see how the next few days go....

robot

Reaction score
I'm treating this phone just like I did my LG Dare. The first two times I fully charged my phone I drained it all the way down. After that I put it on the charger every night, no matter where the battery is. My dare still holds a charge for days after 2 years of constant use.
Now I know these are two totally different machines, but it's the same type of battery. I have my extra charger at work in case I'm surfing and listening to music all day.

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
So I made some adjustments, fully charged the battery disabled wi-fi overnight and turned off my primary email checking....and woke to a 100% battery this morning. :)

dancedroid