d3 charging light?

jesusishere

Reaction score
The light on the phone will appear with the newest leak/update when the phone is in off mode where the giant battery shows. In normal operation mode the light will only come on breifly. Other posts have stated that it is also a sign of life light that will appear, noting that it is, alive. Future roms may be able to have the light appear on like on the D1, D3. It looks pretty complicated to enable in our current root access. I do not seeing this rom update coming anywhere in the near future. December, maybe.

I do miss it. There has been a couple times where a switch turns off my outlet, a surge protector has been accidentally turned off, the plug came out, the usb came out, and I did not know. I woke up in the morning with a low battery. These problems, and crappy days, could have been avoided if I saw real quickly the light not coming on. Not cool.

ba_rt

Reaction score
Posted message below on Motorola forums. Maybe someone will listen...

battery charger indicator
>Warren wrote:
>fletch, tidbits,
>The LED is working as designed

I'm a software developer, so I know a lot about "features working as designed". The radical change in charging LED functionality was one of those features that seemed logical to some engineer and not a single thought was given that to 99% of end users the prior behaviour was 100% more useful.

Hope Motorola fixes this "feature" at some point.

norcal1900

Reaction score
That would be reely nice to have.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums