d3 charging light?

nikkix

Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked. i tried searching.

so am i blind, or is there no charging light like on previous droids? i really liked when the light would go off , letting me know it was charged

thanks

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
I believe there is none if you must have it then look in the market for a status light app I know having root access makes it 10 times easier

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

blackmagick20

Reaction score
Wow.... Just push the unlock button and look at the screen to see the percent. That's pretty easy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N

nikkix

Reaction score
Wow.... Just push the unlock button and look at the screen to see the percent. That's pretty easy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Srsly?Its not being lazy. That's idiotic for you to suggest. Its me wondering if a feauture that was included on previous models is on this one. Its niceto be able to tell from the other side of the room if my phone is charged. Itsnnice not having to check over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok...watch the language. Any more name calling will warrant infractions.

end of line...

neilrl79

Reaction score
There is a light between the the usb and hdmi ports, i've seen it lit so i know it's there, however it is not lighting up when i charge it now. I'm thinking that it has some issues.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I notice that when I let the battery discharge all the way till the phone shuts itself off.... when I plug the usb charger in the light blinks once as if confirming the connection... I wonder if it blinks during data transfer in USB mode... or maybe even during HDMI mirror??

Now I got stuff to try... will post results

Would be nice if it worked like the OG Droid light... I could tell if it was charged from out in the parking lot lookin thru the window... that was really helpfull

glenn

Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked. i tried searching.

so am i blind, or is there no charging light like on previous droids? i really liked when the light would go off , letting me know it was charged

thanks

I wondered the same thing. I can see the tiny hole between the usp/hdmi but it does not light up.

I noticed on a D3 unboxing video it did not light up for the user, and then today I went into a Verizon store and checked the tethered demo unit and it the battery was at 60& and charging and the light was not lit. I unplugged the charger connection a few times and the light did not go on.
Now I'm wondering if that little hole is for the hdmi hook up.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
You didn't read the thread you were posting in??

It IS an LED light... we've seen it blink when plugging in the phone coming off a dead battery...

This thread is trying to figure out what it does...
Not if it exists...

glenn

Reaction score

It IS an LED light... we've seen it blink when plugging in the phone coming off a dead battery...

Not if it exists...

well....EXCUSE ME !

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Not if it exists...

Actually, that's not what the OP asked. The OP asked if there was a light that stayed on while the phone was charging and then went off when it was fully charged. So the OP is indeed asking if such a light exists, and in turn that's what the original intent of the thread was about. The speculation on the light between the HDMI and USB ports was brought up as a possibility of having some connection to that. So if that light isn't a charging light, that conversation is actually off track.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No need for an argument guys, I miss read thing all the time. We all make mistakes.

On another note all this talk about the d3 has got me itching for one. But I have to step back and tell myself no im going to wait!!

Sorry to thread jack, just needed to "vent" a little. Now back in topic!!

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Well played sir...

Still no discrepancy on that LED between the ports though
It has been seen and confirmed as a light

Dying to find out what that lil bugger does though

Hoping it is the charging light and it just needs to be fixed in an update or whatever

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well played sir...

Still no discrepancy on that LED between the ports though
It has been seen and confirmed as a light

Dying to find out what that lil bugger does though

Hoping it is the charging light and it just needs to be fixed in an update or whatever

I'm quite curious about it myself. It would be nice if it turns out to be a charging light.