D2G's locking up

William_04_x

Reaction score
My wife and I have had our phones since Christmas. For the past 2 days we've both had problems with them frequently locking up, requiring the battery to be pulled to restore them. Does anyone else have this problem, or know what causes it? Neither of the devices are rooted.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Bense

Reaction score
I have also started experiencing this problem :| I don't know what it is. perhaps all the new google app updates that I just installed ?? idk

warped1987

Reaction score
I had that problem, but it was when my phone was rooted, I un-rooted and it went away, but my phone slows down like a mofo when I play my Storm8 games and Lava games like Restaurant City. They updated their games so slow. And there was the new Flas and Adobe Air updates, maybe that had something to do with it? idk

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
My wife and I have had our phones since Christmas. For the past 2 days we've both had problems with them frequently locking up, requiring the battery to be pulled to restore them. Does anyone else have this problem, or know what causes it? Neither of the devices are rooted.

When exactly does it lock up. After a.phone call or running app, ext. Keep in mind that with blur there are several apps that run whether u use them or not ( kindle, blockbuster, city id). You can attempt to use an app to manage your cache and free memory to see if that helps. I personally use superbox. You don't need root for it and it does a decent job.

jcl197

Reaction score
My phone has also started having issues with the touch screen not wanting to respond. It makes it hard to unlock. An SBF back to stock fixed it. I didnt install any new apps it just started acting crazy, who knows.

OP
William_04_x

William_04_x

Reaction score
When exactly does it lock up. After a.phone call or running app, ext. Keep in mind that with blur there are several apps that run whether u use them or not ( kindle, blockbuster, city id). You can attempt to use an app to manage your cache and free memory to see if that helps. I personally use superbox. You don't need root for it and it does a decent job.

The only specific circumstances when I can remember it locking up are after a call has been terminated, when I've unplugged it from the charger, and when trying to wake it up to use it.

OP
William_04_x

William_04_x

Reaction score
I'm having to pull the battery at least 10 times a day now. It's really frustrating. Is there an easy way to save at least my contacts to do a factory reset? I'm ready to take it back to VZW and raise hell.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Save your contacts on your sim card. If they exchange the phone you can just keep it, orsave them all to your google account. I do believe there are apps that will allow you to save them to your sd as well.

jcl197

Reaction score
just make sure your phone is saving its contacts to your google account and you wont have to worry about backing them up

BTW, my phone seems to be on its last days, ive SBFd one last time and kept it stock unrooted to see if i still have issues, i just dont want to go in and exchange out my phone for a refurb, mine is in excellent condition.

Last edited: