Wireless. N unrecognized.

jkochchs

Reaction score
Could you try going to the diagnostics menu by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, then going to Wifi Status? Press Refresh stats, and then press Run ping test.

The information present on that screen might help diagnose the issue or at least tell if it's the same one I am talking about.

Thanks, but this comes back as expected, all network connectivity "looks ok", when connected to N mode though, the ping test (a connectivity test to Google.com) fails, as expected.

I realize that this must be a combination of issues as (1) the network works just fine with any non-droid device and (2) the droids connect to other (presumably N) networks ok.

In this case, the switching between N-mode and "lower speed" modes works like a turn off/on switch of the droid to the internet, all other parameters (security etc. unchanged). It is always connecting and remains connected to the network. It is the internet connectivity that is not working in N-mode. Of course, all the reboots on both ends have been tried.

It seems like there is something in the submitted packets, etc. is different when the droids are connected in N or G or B mode and our network or the droids seem sensitive to. If I wouldn't know better, I'd say that the droid isn't N capable. For now I limit it to the Droid not to be capable of our N-network. Again, likely our network to blame, I just wish I knew where and how. As a workaround we have a separate G-based wireless router just for the droids.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm more interested in the error message it gives when it fails. Often it says something like “no route to host” etc there.

On a D-Link DIR-655 802.11n router, my D2G also connects to WiFi fine, transfers a little bit of data, and then turns silent, which looks just like whatt you are describing. I think it's some quirk; maybe something about 802.11n and its draft? As the D2G is probably fully 802.11n compliant, your access point might be a Draft-N one.

jkochchs

Reaction score
It connects to the network just fine but does NOT connect to the Internet, Ping test consequentially saying Fail: IP add not reachable, Ping Hostname unknown, HTTP Client test Fail: IO Exception