D2 Rooting/Why to Root Tutorial coming tonight...

brutalDROID

Reaction score
Hey guys, Merry Christmas Eve to all! After spending over a year fiddling with my D1 since the day of release last November, Ive noticed that there are alot of tutorials on how to Root and why to root...BUT..all of these tutorials are either:
a) outdated
b) Incorrect in one way or another
c) info is spread across numerous forums/websites
What I am going to try and accomplish here is a clean, easy-to-read, well written and easily understood Tutorial on WHY and HOW to root. The reason im doing this is because I simply would like to help alot of the new D2 users that would like to root.

If anyone has any type of suggestions to add into this tutorial, reply here!

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
You've got a great idea, hats off to you for taking the initiative and helping future noobs...lol.

I remember having a hard time getting all the right info together, and understanding exactly what I needed to do to root successfully with zero issues. My suggestion would be to offer as much info as you possibly can on all methods to root....not just one. And keep it simple to the point.
From a D2.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest explaining the importance of adb or terminal emulator methods of rooting. Although its great to have one click root methods I think its important for root users to have a little knowledge under their belt before rooting. I have seen a pretty big increase of users bootlooping their devices after hastily using a one click root and then jumping in to roming and themeing.

tappin and a talkin

leakim13

Reaction score
I would suggest explaining the importance of adb or terminal emulator methods of rooting. Although its great to have one click root methods I think its important for root users to have a little knowledge under their belt before rooting. I have seen a pretty big increase of users bootlooping their devices after hastily using a one click root and then jumping in to roming and themeing.

tappin and a talkin

Absolutely agree, if I had not chosen to learn that method I would not know 85% of what I do about how any if this actually works, or how to trouble shoot on my own.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rmader

Reaction score
Also would like to know what rooting will stop the phone from doing like updates and so on