HOW TO ROOT Droid 2 - IN DEPTH TUTORIAL

klh_5978

Reaction score
You have to be rooted to be able to use the bootstrap because it needs SuperUser permissions.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Oh, DUH!! Thanks. i was beginning to get really upset and frustrated. appreciate your quick response. :D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh, DUH!! Thanks. i was beginning to get really upset and frustrated. appreciate your quick response. :D

Now we can breathe :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

klh_5978

Reaction score
Ok for some reason I absolutely cannot root my phone using the z4 method. And I tried to do the doroot and I just can't seem to figure it out. I am a newbie so please bare with me. Getting super frustrated and about to say F it. I have rooted my phone before using the "easy 1-2-3" method. But that is a lot of work. Wanted something easier. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Atrevido

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a Droid 2 that was rooted with Z4Root 1.3 months ago. I also have SetCPU, SuperUser and Titanium Backup. No custom ROMs installed. Big Red just pushed down GB, and of course, I've lost root access. I'd like to regain root again without losing any contacts, Handcent messages, etc. I've read on several forums that the D2 can be rooted just like the D3 with a simple "one-click" operation. Please see [ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX))

Any opinions or experience with this? I greatly appreciate any and all assistance!

louy99

Reaction score
Ok for some reason I absolutely cannot root my phone using the z4 method. And I tried to do the doroot and I just can't seem to figure it out. I am a newbie so please bare with me. Getting super frustrated and about to say F it. I have rooted my phone before using the "easy 1-2-3" method. But that is a lot of work. Wanted something easier. Any suggestions?

You probably have a bad copy. Download again

JWACK

Reaction score
OK, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH FLASH/INSTALL A ROM. I WAS LOOKING AT USING Squidley's ROM, BUT CANT FIND IT. I LOOKED ON THE FOURM & COULD'T FIND ANY ANSWERS. ALSO IF SOMEONE KNOWS A BETTER ROM PLEASE, SAY SO. THANKS

WACK

louy99

Reaction score
OK, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH FLASH/INSTALL A ROM. I WAS LOOKING AT USING Squidley's ROM, BUT CANT FIND IT. I LOOKED ON THE FOURM & COULD'T FIND ANY ANSWERS. ALSO IF SOMEONE KNOWS A BETTER ROM PLEASE, SAY SO. THANKS

WACK

Sure, I pm'ed you

MarkSmith1969

Reaction score
Anybody got z4 to work after the OTA Gingerbread update
I have been fighting for days

mjs1015

Reaction score
Use the d3 one click root. Worked great for me.

brwalter64

Reaction score
I am new to rooting but hopeful it may help with my situation. I have a Droid 2 and the ribbon cable recently broke connecting the screen. The phone is working, but I cannot do anything with it. I would like to recover some data from my mileage tracker app (milestrak) that the developer of the app told me is located in the android protected area. Is it possible to root my phone and get access to this or am I better off trying to replace the ribbon cable? I have already replaced the phone so not that concerned about saving it, just need the data.