D2 ROM Showdown

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Um...CM7 is by far my favorite rom out there and i've tried them all. Themes with one click (no need for cw), screaming fast, decent battery, endless customization (I mean it's crazy), smooth and snappy. Nightlies actually being released um....nightly as opposed to a once a month. Use of 2nd init to boot off the froyo kernel, android 2.3.4. The list goes on.

CM74D2

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol @ nightlies..I remember the "Monthlies" a lil while back and was lol over it. Very true. I see you finally made that mad move to cm7... Guess I better jump on. I knew it was killin you too.lol

sent from an abused and enjoyed Droid 2 running LGB.v.8 stressing out and wanting cm7...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I have an X, but my favorite ROM is CM7. I have tried pretty much all of them. I have also had random reboots with it, but it was on nightly 33. Nightly 34 seems to be doing better.

I still have a soft spot for Apex though. The most stable ROM out there with insane battery life. The Revo theme was nice for it.

CM74DX

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had random reboots too on Lib 2.0.1 but prolly my insane use and flashing..really crazy when you think you like what you have but I can't put it down..jeez lol like I said before, CM7 came out right when I jumped to gingerbread leak.. Crizzzaaappp! Lol

sent from an abused and enjoyed Droid 2 running LGB.v.8 stressing out and wanting cm7...

HavoC

Reaction score
I love Apex RC 2, that's what I'm running right now. It's like I have my Droid 1 again but it's on crack lol, the speed is crazy fast and the battery lasts forever.
I am tempted to give Cyanogen Mod 7 a try tho, because I do like to be able to theme and tweak my phone , if it didn't require the .sbf back to froyo, I probably would've given it a go by now. I've sbf'ed back to froyo before, I'm just lazy and don't really feel like doing it again.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to sbf. Use the tbh all in one installer. Search on the forums. It's there.

CM74D2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I seem you're on the d2. Go to the cm d2 thread. Swagger posted a link to the all in one installer there a few days back. You'll also find a link to google apps there as well. Feel freedom to pm me if I can help you further. You'll be happy to get on cm7
You know what, hold on. Brb.
CM74D2

HavoC

Reaction score

Beautiful, I was just searching here, on the rootwiki and on the Cyanogen Mod Forums, but couldn't find it. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna give it a go if I can get enough service here at work to download everything I need (Don't have my usb cable with me). I think I'll be alright from here, but thanks again for the help it is much appreciated

Just_Cuttlefish

Reaction score
CM7 for me. It's fast and stable for me. I'm not having the battery issues others are having, as far as I can tell. My only complaint is no Google stock launcher, but I've found Launcher Pro to be quite adequate.

ILikeWaffles

Reaction score
Went from Liberty to CM7 here.

I'm liking CM7 better mainly due to the email functioning properly.

Couple things that are not sitting well with me are the terrible battery (gone in half a day) and for some reason the autocomplete words are not popping up when writing even though I have everything turned on. This is the nightly 21 build and I think it was working on 19 and 20.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Woah! MIUI For d2? Sweet! Thanks!

I'm also getting that keyboard prediction bug. It's kinda annoying

CM74D2