D2 ROM Showdown

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's about that time again! What's your favorite D2 ROM, and why?

My favorite ROM currently is CM7 due to having a decent Galaxy S theme, and it's currently supported very well.

D

dankarlinski

I have taken a recent liking to the new liquid rom. Build off of cyan, but better battery in my experiences. Liberty is def #2

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

CrazyEddie

Reaction score
I've been running Apex RC2 and really like it. Not a whole lot of customization built in like other roms, but it runs really fast and has good battery life - that's the whole idea of this rom. And you can customize it, just takes a little extra effort if you choose. The really good news is how stable it is as a release candidate - plus everything works - so looking forward to the final release!

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been running Apex RC2 and really like it. Not a whole lot of customization built in like other roms, but it runs really fast and has good battery life - that's the whole idea of this rom. And you can customize it, just takes a little extra effort if you choose. The really good news is how stable it is as a release candidate - plus everything works - so looking forward to the final release!

The problem I found with Apex is the lack of customization. There are virtually no themes available, and while it was fast, I'm willing to give up a little bit of speed to make the UI look good.

CrazyEddie

Reaction score

The problem I found with Apex is the lack of customization. There are virtually no themes available, and while it was fast, I'm willing to give up a little bit of speed to make the UI look good.

Yea I can understand that. I go through phases, and right now I just want a fast, reliable phone. I think once CM7 gets the bugs worked out I'll be back on the tinkering train. The tinkering train? That sounds wrong...lol.

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea I can understand that. I go through phases, and right now I just want a fast, reliable phone. I think once CM7 gets the bugs worked out I'll be back on the tinkering train. The tinkering train? That sounds wrong...lol.

CM7 is very stable right now. It's still having trouble with battery life, but I'm able to get a full day out of it now, with data enabled.

I'm definitely loving having all the different ROM options for the D2, though. The last thing I want is for a developer to feel left out because their ROM isn't the chosen ROM. The only ROM I don't use is Liberty, but it has a huge userbase without me.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Cm7 is pretty stable but battery life isn't the best, but the theme chooser is just awesome. Plus, its wicked fast without overclocking.

We should see a miui rom and possibly a few more aosp roms. Still with the locked bootloader we are stuck with the moto froyo kernal.

CM7 is my fav. right now...I actually enjoy my d2 again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tb110895

Reaction score
CM7 for now. Battery isn't the best but its worth it for all the little advantages. When Justice hits I'll try that, and when/if MIUI hits(I'm sure it will, just a matter of time), I'm switching to that. I love MIUI

duyna

Reaction score
agreed cm7 is the best one i have flashed, still issue with the battery life and also random reboots dont help

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
agreed cm7 is the best one i have flashed, still issue with the battery life and also random reboots dont help

TBH, you are the first person I've seen with a reboot issue on CM7. Did you do a clean install?

rustydogg

Reaction score
I'm really liking the new Liquid GB. Liberty is right up there since I have been using it since it came out for the D2. Love the theme chooser.
Tried MIUI once on my OG Droid and was not impressed.

dmoriarty

Reaction score
I like ZombieStomped the best. It doesn't have the most customizaiton, but it also doesn't need it. With the built in undervolting, the interactiveX governor, and Imoseyon tweaks built in, it's stable, fast, and the battery lasts forever.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
i would have to say that i like CM7. super fast and reliable, just not impressed with the battery life yet. for the moment im running Liberty GB has the been the best for me although i was impressed with Apex, however like UrbanBounca im willing to give up some speed for a better UI.

breachless

Reaction score
I am loving Liberty GB .8, but I still have issues with data. It will randomly refuse to pull data over 3G, which drives me nuts. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it always seems to happen at the worst possible times...

In defense of Liberty though, I have had this problem with all of the GB-based roms, including the stock moto leak...

Looking forward to trying out CM7 when I have the time to flash it, but the battery life does worry me... Nothing worse than having a dead battery when you need it the most.