D2 needs a sync option for FB

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
Why doesn't droid2 have a sync option for FB like the droid1? Cause I want to sync my contacts picture because my friends on FB change pictures and it doesn't change on my contact -__-

Reaction score
uhh...it does?

sign in to the facebook app on the phone or go to settings - accounts - add account

though it wont let you only sync with your current contacts, forces you to sync all facebook contacts

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
Nawh it doesn't. I had to delete the account and add the fb account back to update my contacts.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Yes it does. If you don't have the FB app, download it and type in your info, after that your phone will update and then you can go into your contracts.. all of your contacts + FB friends will be in there. Like the previous poster said it forces you.

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
Yes it does. If you don't have the FB app, download it and type in your info, after that your phone will update and then you can go into your contracts.. all of your contacts + FB friends will be in there. Like the previous poster said it forces you.

Alright I will try it now. Thanks

Fb app from the market right?

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Yup. It's free. I like it better than just using the browser on the D2 and logging into FB.

nickel4490

Reaction score

I removed the social networking account for Facebook, downloaded and configured the free Facebook app from the Market, and my contacts are not syncing. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, the social networking is definitely the source of my poor battery life.

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score

I removed the social networking account for Facebook, downloaded and configured the free Facebook app from the Market, and my contacts are not syncing. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, the social networking is definitely the source of my poor battery life.

Yeah still won't update my contacts.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Once you install the facebook app it should auto sync, if that doesn't work, go to accounts>add account> click facebook, put in your e-mail and pass and all of a sudden it should download, if you have a ton of contacts like me I used my wifi. If that doesn't work let me know I have my phone here and go back threw the entire process by removing mine and re-adding them.

steve13

Reaction score
If you're just concerned with the pictures staying up to day you can get the app sync my pix, and that'll do the work for you without fulling syncing everything.

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
Once you install the facebook app it should auto sync, if that doesn't work, go to accounts>add account> click facebook, put in your e-mail and pass and all of a sudden it should download, if you have a ton of contacts like me I used my wifi. If that doesn't work let me know I have my phone here and go back threw the entire process by removing mine and re-adding them.

Yeah I think that's the only way to sync the contacts. That's what I did then I lost all the pictures on my contacts and got scared then it was loading them back.

nickel4490

Reaction score

Yeah, that process configures social networking, which is what I don't want to do because it kills my battery. Thanks for the help though.

nickel4490

Reaction score
If you're just concerned with the pictures staying up to day you can get the app sync my pix, and that'll do the work for you without fulling syncing everything.

I'll give this a shot. Thanks dood.

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
I downloaded the app. And I can't pass the donate popup