Cyanogenmod For Pro: Issues Thread

Trips555

Reaction score
*********OK, I won't be updating for a while. While this ROM is a great start, it's rolling out too slowly for my wife to play with (she's not a nerd like me!) So what I'm updating where it last stood and, with new updates, people can add to this and I'll still try to keep this list going.***********

Ok, I figure this will be a good place to get the ball rolling in listing issues in a layed out way to make them easier four Clavin or helpers to tackle. I'm not a programmer, so this is how a guy like me helps.

List issues you have, but try NOT to repeat issues others have listed, so we don't bog this down. I will start the ball rolling, and Clavin, or others with fixes, could also post those, which will give us a chance to mark fixed issues.

Issues:

- Proximity not working (Known, but no fix yet. screebl and Tasker can be used for very weak workaround)
- Spellcheck not working (Known, no fix, but workaround: install Smart Keyboard <--- works well)
- GSM/World Calling (Known, but no fix yet. Dev. working on it now)
- Backlight for buttons (Known, no fix or workaround, I think)
- Camera (Supposed fix, but one I found doesn't seem to work? Info?)
- Occasional Data not working (Known, but rare. A workaround I found is to put it in airplane mode, reset, then when reset, turn off airplane mode if that doesn't work, pull battery)
- Haptic Feedback Problems (Known, various fixes by editting the haptic feedback settings in Cyanogen Settings)
- SetCPU not recognize Screen off (Known, doesn't effect all. Possible workaround -> Cyanogenmod screen settings)
- Screenplay Pro not working (Known, no fix)

Post any more and fixes or workarounds! I'll update as I can!

Last edited:

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Luminous00 noted (in another thread), SetCPU screen off profile not working. Also, Screebl Pro not working.

Last edited:
OP
T

Trips555

Reaction score
Ok... updated. Again, if anyone has any fixes or even workarounds, it could help people a lot!

luminous00

Reaction score
I noticed Data doesn't work once the phone dies and you plug it back in to charge (and the phone turns on.) Even a reset didn't work so I shut it down and pulled the battery, put it back in and powered it on, fixed it.

OP
T

Trips555

Reaction score
Ok, so if reset doesn't work with airplane mode, then battery pull should.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
T

Trips555

Reaction score
So I'm assuming the list is mostly complete for current bugs... anyone have any fixes or workarounds? Someone mentioned a fix for the camera? Is that available somewhere?

google123

Reaction score
My data wouldn't work after a I made a phone call. I tried to reset the wifi with airplane mode but it wouldn't work. I had to reboot to reestablish wifi connectivity.

Sent from my Droid Pro using DroidForums

r3j2

Reaction score
Just to update, it looks like we can cross the camera issue off the list as of today. I assume the other issues are still current.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

luminous00

Reaction score
Issues I'm seeing right off the bat with the latest cyanogenmod 7 build:

Once wifi turns on, you lose data connection until what seems to be a reboot. It'll say its connected to 3g though which is weird.

Wifi is turning itself on randomly for some reason.

After a reboot adw is losing the dock icons I set?

And these are fixed:

Gps works even though you said it doesn't? It locks almost instantly?

Camera, video cam and youtube work!! Horray!

google123

Reaction score
Issues I'm seeing right off the bat with the latest cyanogenmod 7 build:

Once wifi turns on, you lose data connection until what seems to be a reboot. It'll say its connected to 3g though which is weird.

Wifi is turning itself on randomly for some reason.

After a reboot adw is losing the dock icons I set?

And these are fixed:

Gps works even though you said it doesn't? It locks almost instantly?

Camera, video cam and youtube work!! Horray!

Thanks for the update luminous. I was thinking of trying CM again but because I am on a prepaid limited data plan, I rely on my wifi for all of my data usage unless I have no wifi access available so the wifi/3g bug puts me off. Also last time I tried it I couldn't use any of my favorite alternate keyboard apps in landscape mode. Will have to wait a bit longer. JackpotClavin is doing a phenomenal job and in time I'm sure it will get there. dancedroid

luminous00

Reaction score
Ok the adw bug seems to have worked itself out, but my battery is draining like crazy, I'm hoping that works itself out. SetCPU seems to be switching to 300 when the screens off so that's working good. Haven't tried bluetooth yet, but I'll get to try that a little later. Man it just moves so smooth though, such a different phone when this is loaded. Just an FYI though, I didn't realize you had to flash to this off of .60, I was trying from 3.8.7, that's a definite no go, haha. Doesn't work off of rooted gingerbread either, that was boot looping unless I didn't wipe the cache and system data right?

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yeah you have to wipe everything if youre coming from a build other than a previous cyanogenmod build.

evidently, the bug where 3g radio intermittently goes out has not been solved yet but is my main priority now

mutantbabboo

Reaction score
mms

is mms working? it seems to not be sending on my phone. could just be an issue with the phone, though i wanna see if its wide spread

r3j2

Reaction score
So I have been running 808 for a while now and loving it, but now I have a problem. My phone is awake 100% of the time, meaning the battery is dead in about 10 hours on a full charge. Can someone tell me how to figure out the culprit?

Thanks

tennvol

Reaction score
My battery is dead on a full charge in about 6 hours, but um using froyo :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums