[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

Excuse my ignorance, how is this different from just not wiping data?

I follow other forums and have noticed that some people do for whatever reason have issues booting into the new build when they don't wipe data so i figured this could just be a way to get around having that problem. So for people who are worried about not wiping it's just another option, at least you'll know you won't have problems booting into the rom unless of course it's because of some other user error.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

havent read the latest posts ... maybe someone replied to the problem ive been having loading the web via a browser .... my other apps seem fine i can stream in tunein without hassle ....

does this latest build have enhancements for the browser ?

---
posted via android

so if i load up a new build all i have to restore is data in rom manager restore, all others unchecked ?

---
posted via android

I follow other forums and have noticed that some people do for whatever reason have issues booting into the new build when they don't wipe data so i figured this could just be a way to get around having that problem. So for people who are worried about not wiping it's just another option, at least you'll know you won't have problems booting into the rom unless of course it's because of some other user error.

Good to know.

Also, the voice navigation issue I was having was fixed in the 6/23 build. It may have been fixed before that, but this is when I noticed it.

sweet! going to flash this tonight

*edit*

flashed and setting up :)

*2nd edit*

everything seems ok except camcorder not working but i think thats an ubiquitous error?

Last edited:
runner4life said:
sweet! going to flash this tonight

*edit*

flashed and setting up :)

*2nd edit*

everything seems ok except camcorder not working but i think thats an ubiquitous error?

Use lg camera from the play store for camcorder... it works but turn off auto focus.

Use lg camera from the play store for camcorder... it works but turn off auto focus.

the display while recording gets horizontal green lines but it does record video and captures audio flawlessly on playback. thanks for the app suggestion

havent read the latest posts ... maybe someone replied to the problem ive been having loading the web via a browser .... my other apps seem fine i can stream in tunein without hassle ....

does this latest build have enhancements for the browser ?

---
posted via android

Same here. The google search home page comes up. Trying to get to any other web page fails. It begins to load, then basically freezes. The only option is to quit the app. Also, when typing into the address bar, the text would flash and disappear and reappear.

I wiped it completely before installation.

Everything else works well. Just not the browser. I tried dolphin for the heck of it and it's the same. I'm currently back up on cm7.

sounds like me too ... maybe theres a log file that can help the dev ... lmk

---
posted via android

runner4life said:
the display while recording gets horizontal green lines but it does record video and captures audio flawlessly on playback. thanks for the app suggestion

Strange, my view finder is crystal clear with lg camera.

anyone else having issues with the rom randomly rebooting after a fresh install? Other than that the rom runs awesome!!

it looks like im going the way of the nexus .... i decided to get one. 1/2 of my decision came from using cm9 on my X so for that id like to thank the dev and every1 that helped ....

wonder if 4.1 is really going to improve performance over 4.0.4 on the galaxy nexus .... droid life says so.

been holstering droids since the OG first came out ... but this time around price won out, else i wouldve bought the razr maxx.

---
posted via android

it looks like im going the way of the nexus .... i decided to get one. 1/2 of my decision came from using cm9 on my X so for that id like to thank the dev and every1 that helped ....

wonder if 4.1 is really going to improve performance over 4.0.4 on the galaxy nexus .... droid life says so.

been holstering droids since the OG first came out ... but this time around price won out, else i wouldve bought the razr maxx.

---
posted via android

The Nexus might be a better choice. I'm kind of regretting buying the Maxx at this point, it just got ICS this past week and most people are doubting it'll get official Jelly Bean at all.

Back