CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

windexh8er

Reaction score
Maybe I need a little more coffee today - but I just upgraded from 5.0.5.4 to 5.0.6.1 and am a little confused about the launcher. I'm not too concerned about going from 7 screens to 5, but how do I get back the sticky launch buttons on the bottom row? Now there's the buttons to move from screen to screen in the lower left and right and, well, those are just more annoying than anything.

TIA!

Other than that fabulous ROM. :)

You're running launcher2 instead of helix. Make sure you have helix installed, and then you can clear defaults in launcher2 in the applications menu, then hit the home button and helix should be an option.

Thanks you da man! Guess I need to pay attention to launcher switches in the rel notes. :)

droid_maine

Reaction score
Is JIT a thing of the past now? or would one see any improvement running it on this ROM, as it is already incredibly snappy..

kauaigs

Reaction score
Is JIT a thing of the past now? or would one see any improvement running it on this ROM, as it is already incredibly snappy..

JIT is a work in progress and unstable at best. Its around, if you want to try it....but until google gets the final JIT out, its best left uninstalled.

OP
K

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having issues dl CM 5.0.6.1. Rom Manager takes forever to dl and then it aborts instalation cause the zip file is bad. When I dl the update.zip file on my comp it's taking over an hour to dl. I have never had any problems with dl a rom. This sucks.

I think our download links are getting completely hammered. Please be patient while I bring up a few more mirrors.

kiyanofosho

Reaction score
I am running 5.0.6.1 and it is fast...no this is coming from BD's 10. I installed smoked glass and it worked but my phone now said I was on an older version and I had to re update to 5.0.6.1...I am assuming it was due to the theme not being ready for this update?

Smoman

are you saying UD is fast or cyanogen is fast?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Helix 2??

I downloaded a helix 2 launcher file but it is a .php file...can someone tell me how to install this!?!

kauaigs

Reaction score
it should be an .apk Your browser changed it to php on download. Rename to .apk and move it to /system/app or /data/app, change permissions (if needed) to 466, good to go

doublejack

Reaction score
I downloaded a helix 2 launcher file but it is a .php file...can someone tell me how to install this!?!

You saved a link to a web page / script, not a helix 2 launcher. Instead of saving the link, you should have clicked on it and followed it through to the web page where the actual launcher package can be found.

mising

Reaction score
I am running 5.0.6.1 and it is fast...no this is coming from BD's 10. I installed smoked glass and it worked but my phone now said I was on an older version and I had to re update to 5.0.6.1...I am assuming it was due to the theme not being ready for this update?

Smoman

Smoked glass 1.4.1 working on 5.0.6.1?
I installed the one one on Rom Manager and it flashed me back to 5.0.5.7.
I reinstalled 5.0.6 and downloaded the theme from http://thekilpatrickproject.com/downloads/Smoked Glass-Esque/Smoked_Glass-Esque_v1.4.1.zip
to my SD. I then used install rom from SD in Rom Manager, leaving wipe data unchecked, reboot, and yay new theme....

I think the one on Rom Manager is a complete ROM, not just the theme. I had to download the theme only from the above link to get it to work on 5.0.6...

jman09

Reaction score

Smoman

Smoked glass 1.4.1 working on 5.0.6.1?
I installed the one one on Rom Manager and it flashed me back to 5.0.5.7.
I reinstalled 5.0.6 and downloaded the theme from http://thekilpatrickproject.com/downloads/Smoked Glass-Esque/Smoked_Glass-Esque_v1.4.1.zip
to my SD. I then used install rom from SD in Rom Manager, leaving wipe data unchecked, reboot, and yay new theme....

I think the one on Rom Manager is a complete ROM, not just the theme. I had to download the theme only from the above link to get it to work on 5.0.6...

I had the same problem, It flashed me backwards. I am going to try from the link now and upgrade to the 5.0.6.1

sincal

Reaction score
Quick question, Is anyone else having a problem with the browser?. Almost everytime I open it about 3 minutes later it closes by itself without a FC notice, and goes right to my home screen? My phone has done this on Google Maps as well. I deleted cache and wiped before flash and all. Havent had this problem before this rom. Can someone shed some light?

kauaigs

Reaction score
LOOK at the subtitles to the Themes/ThemedROMs in RM. Some of them are themes that overlay, some of the are complete themed ROMs. They are built on the current CyanogenMod version. IF you flash a complete themedROM that is NOT the current CyanogenMod ROM version, it WILL flash you back to the earlier version. WAIT until the Themes/ThemedROMs are updated to the current CM version before flashing. I see people flashing the "theme" and saying "Hey, it flashed me back to an older version", .....when it IS an older version.