CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

richrcp

Reaction score
Whooops! Bad build in 5.0.6....

5.0.5.1 Fixes wifi for those using the stock kernel.

Koush,
Upgraging to 5.0.6 lost the majority of my shortcuts, changed all of my icons, decreased homescreens from 7 to 5, and a medical program I used called Epocrates will not open sticks in boot loop!!!! Any suggestions. I did not do a wipe on install was that necessary!!!! any suggestions????

I removed the configurable Launcher, as that was based off Ruqqq's old launcher code. Me switching to a different launcher is probably causing these issues.

I know what the fix for Epocrates is, I will try to get a build for it this weekend.[/QUOTE
Koush,

Is a data wipe and backup necessary for these upgrades????? And thanks for your quick response to my last post!!!! Your great!!!:)

stanrc

Reaction score
If you are already running a CM then you don't need to wipe data and cache. Backups are up to you, though recommended just in case.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
does the nextheme work with this version yet?
everything is installed and working fine. just waiting to apply the theme.

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
I dumped UD and am now using your Rom, been running great, and MUCH cooler temps. If its not too much trouble could you state what the differences are in the newest update compared to the last? (I don't know if I'm going to update if the changes are necessary for me).

Also, I noticed that I cant get Epocrates to run either. It worked fine on UD, but it wont work on your Rom. So hopefully you can get that corrected as noted in the previous post.

Thanks.

doublejack

Reaction score
You mean the differences between 5.0.6 and 5.0.6.1? It is in the first post of this thread. WiFi is fixed with the default kernel, and SetCPU was removed.

For questions like this, all of the info you're looking for can be found easily in the change log. Just a heads up.

OP
K

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I dumped UD and am now using your Rom, been running great, and MUCH cooler temps. If its not too much trouble could you state what the differences are in the newest update compared to the last? (I don't know if I'm going to update if the changes are necessary for me).

Also, I noticed that I cant get Epocrates to run either. It worked fine on UD, but it wont work on your Rom. So hopefully you can get that corrected as noted in the previous post.

Thanks.

Epocrates is broken, I know what the fix is. I will work on it this weekend.

neoj2

Reaction score
can i get the link to put on sd card cuz rm is taking forever

hookerdj

Reaction score
www.cyanogenmod.com I think its up there make sure to get the goodle app too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks.

Epocrates is broken, I know what the fix is. I will work on it this weekend.
thank you, I was going to ask about this too.

jbfickler

Reaction score
www.cyanogenmod.com I think its up there make sure to get the goodle app too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey when I do download a rom from my computer rather than from rom manager, where do I put it on my card? In the root? In the clockwork mod folder?

Also do I have to rename it?

Thanks so much!

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
You mean the differences between 5.0.6 and 5.0.6.1? It is in the first post of this thread. WiFi is fixed with the default kernel, and SetCPU was removed.

For questions like this, all of the info you're looking for can be found easily in the change log. Just a heads up.

Actually Im on 5.0.5.7 right now and would be updating to 5.0.6.1. Looking for the difference in those two. I'm looking for the change log now. Sorry for the noob question, I'm still learning.

Last edited:

nphil

Reaction score

Actually Im on 5.0.5.7 right now and would be updating to 5.0.6.1. Looking for the difference in those two. I'm looking for the change log now. Sorry for the noob question, I'm still learning.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/cyanogenmod-5-0-6-tax-deductible

do i download both of them or just one.

Just the latest 5.0.6.1 from here http://koush.romraid.com/motorola/sholes/cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush_5.0.6.1.zip
and after that also download the google apps from here gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip

Lot easier to do with RM if you don't know what you're doing.