CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Bionic

buellboy9

Reaction score
The CyanogenMod team has FINALLY released a stable version of their ROM for the Bionic. So far it's working well (it MUST be installed on a phone with SafeStrap, and MUST be installed in Rom-Slot-1).

It is based on JB, and somehow they even managed to get a newer kernel to install on our locked Bionics than what is shipped with the OEM ROMs.

However, I do have one issue (so far): When I put the phone in it's bedside docking station, it does not automatically go into "Alarm Clock mode." Anyone have any ideas??

Reaction score
looks good, but.....

The CyanogenMod team has FINALLY released a stable version of their ROM for the Bionic. So far it's working well (it MUST be installed on a phone with SafeStrap, and MUST be installed in Rom-Slot-1).

It is based on JB, and somehow they even managed to get a newer kernel to install on our locked Bionics than what is shipped with the OEM ROMs.

However, I do have one issue (so far): When I put the phone in it's bedside docking station, it does not automatically go into "Alarm Clock mode." Anyone have any ideas??

Hi Buellboy!!!
I install CM10 via SS in SLot1.....rebooted and it mostly works....except the Phone Radio and Wifi....which show up...grey not blue....puzzling....Did I do something wrong?
Anyone else have this?
Back on Eclipse.....but hopeful.

V.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
No clue, sorry. It worked right from the first time I booted it. Might want to join their support forum and ask there...

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Only other suggestion I'd have is to make SURE that you cleared the cache and Dalvik cache before you started the installation. From what I can tell, failure to do that causes all kinds of issues.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Just got the OTA update for CyanogenMod 10.1.2 that fixes the security holes recently revealed in all versions of Android going back to almost the very beginning. Went on nice and smooth too, no issues. I wonder how long it'll take Verizon and Motorola to get those fixes out to everyone NOT running CyanogenMod 10.1 on their Bionics??

Thostifer

Reaction score
Just flashed CyanogenMod 10.1.2 & GAPPS-JB-20130301... now I am receiving an error "Unfortunately, Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped." and thusly I can't enter any info to set up the phone... wiped cache and dalvik, flashed ROM & gapps, wiped cache & dalvik again... still no joy. Any counsel?

deduct

Reaction score
Just flashed CyanogenMod 10.1.2 & GAPPS-JB-20130301... now I am receiving an error "Unfortunately, Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped." and thusly I can't enter any info to set up the phone... wiped cache and dalvik, flashed ROM & gapps, wiped cache & dalvik again... still no joy. Any counsel?

Download android keyboard from play store. Or any other keyboard app you may want to try. There are some really good ones.

Thostifer

Reaction score
Thanks Deduct, your posts are always helpful and informative... much appreciated! I found some info on another forum, I didn't 'factory reset' the first time I flashed... I was actually replacing Carbon on slot 1 and should have... I'm such a newb. Thanks for the help!

deduct

Reaction score
Thanks Deduct, your posts are always helpful and informative... much appreciated! I found some info on another forum, I didn't 'factory reset' the first time I flashed... I was actually replacing Carbon on slot 1 and should have... I'm such a newb. Thanks for the help!

No problem man. We've all been there its no biggie. Glad you figured out the problem.

vmcmahon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - Hope you don't mind a jump in - I am a total noobie doing this on a phone, but I went through the process last night and got through it in one piece. Phone is working great and I am hoping to see some additional battery life. There are 3 items that I could use some help with.

I am in my car alot and really like the old Dock menu that was on my bionic. Is there anyway to get this back on, or even a similiar app?.
I get voicemails from my office sent to my email, and before, I would hit the mp4 attachment, and it would download and play automatically. Now I have to download, and go into file manager to play it. Is there any association that I can set up to have them play from my gmail?
lastly - The voice recognition is not working - Has anyone see this to happen? is there a solution?

Other than these items - I love it. thanks to all involved for creating and the detailed instructions - appreciate it

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
The car dock issue is a known one... the Motorola docking services hasn't been implemented (yet) into CyanogenMod. I know this because I asked the same question. My "Home Screen" has the "Navigate" icon and the (Apollo) music player widget, so basically I have everything I need at hand when I put the phone in the dock anyway.