Is Cyanogenmod 10.1 stable truly stable?

WestOkid

Reaction score
I currently use Jellybeans and I have used synergy and other TouchWiz ROMs. I am thinking about installing Cyanogenmod 10.1, but I really need everything to work since I use my phone for work and play. I was so excited about it going to stable release. I decided to jump over to XDa and the first thing I see is that the Camera doesn't work. I also see people still complaining about GPS and Bluetooth. How is this stable? Anyone here running Cyanogenmod 10.1 on S3 without basic issues?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
Well I guess no one is running Cyanogenmod 10.1. Maybe there's a reason.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

realpanik

Reaction score
Im using it and it has no errors, works perfectly fine, it has just the YouTube app and gmail app preinstalled and you cannot update them in the Google play store.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
I am glad it is working perfectly for you. However, it has issues.

Even though I love the look, feel and many of the features, I am about to uninstall and go back to Beans The bluetooth (This is an acknowledged bug by the CM team) is a mess and the default music player and Google music plays mono(another acknowledged bug). People say the music issue has been resolved in the nightlies, but then I run the risk of introducing another issue. I wan to love CM , but I use the bluetooth for my Car music and phone. It will work after reboot, but it will often get stuck long after leaving the car and drain the battery. If I toggle it off and on it may not work when I get back to the car until I reboot again.

realpanik

Reaction score
Yeah thats right, I don't use the Bluetooth so much so it's not a problem for me. But what I noticed is that the battery life is quite shorter, I don't know if it's because of the rom or not, but since I've installed it has changed.

adanmtxt1

Reaction score
I've been using Cyanogenmod for about six months, and while I love its all-in-one ease of installation and customization, it's not perfect. As WestoKid said there are music player concerns which can be corrected, but every now and then there's something else which bugs me including battery life which seems shorter than one might expect. Overall though, it works very well.

matrixmainframe

Reaction score
Still rooted but I have gone back to a Samsung stock ROM because CM10.1 was terrible.

Draining the battery in less than working day and too many things not working properly.

I did like CM but not anymore. I know my phone is the I9300 international version but still, if a stock ROM can give me at least 12 - 18 hours of battery life why can't a custom ROM do better which is what the point of them is....... isn't it?