[ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

SalikMian

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work!

>For performance increase change "Background process limit" under Developer options (nearly at the bottom of the list) to "2" and see if that doesn't help some.

I cannot find the Developer Options under Settings. Isn't that where it should be?

cocodude

Reaction score
I cannot find the Developer Options under Settings. Isn't that where it should be?
Go to Settings -> About phone and then click on the Build panel about five times to enable the Developer Options menu.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Go Hash Go! Very quick with the update. I like. :) Also thank you for the background program limit suggestion. I'll have to remember to set this with each new build I flash... unfortunately I don't have my phone fully charged at the moment so It'll be a bit before I flash.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
So I noticed some things worth sharing.

If you set in the developers options "At most 2 processes" it will reset to standard limit every time you power cycle the device.
Docking still doesn't work (As a workaround, use the new daydream feature with "charging") and neither does USB support for mounting the removable drives.

Also I notice that things overall are sluggish sometimes. Chrome works but takes forever to load up previous webpages. And the phone -will- get hot if you leave certain applications running.

From using this as my daily phone...

A big NO to the following while on 3G
-Google Voice (It will run and make the phone hot no matter what until you uninstall it)
-imo.im (And probably anything else that uses instant messaging.

So far these apps are ok
-Facebook
-Foursquare
-Twitter

I notice for some reason while on Wifi, some apps won't work as hard to get data. If you're using 3G, forget it - The phone is gonna heat up, especially if you leave a process like skype running in the background. Especially in the lower part of the phone by the speaker.

I reccomend using the "Holding back key kills application" option thats down near the background process limit in Developers options. it saves you lots of headaches.

Last edited:

The Worst

Reaction score
I can't get data or calling to work on Verizon. I've fooled around with the settings to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you need a sim card, when using cm10, even when using verizon

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
which version did you flash?
is preferred network mode: cdma/EvDo?

The Worst

Reaction score
Re: [KEXEC] JB ROMS for Droid 3 [01/23: MMS/KBD Backlight Fix]

which version did you flash?
is preferred network mode: cdma/EvDo?

I'm using JB-aokp_solana_unofficial_Jan-24-13.zip and I've tried setting it to CDMA/EvDo with no luck. I see no signal bars and cannot make phone calls.

Sent from my XT894

ssj11mav

Reaction score
I'm using JB-aokp_solana_unofficial_Jan-24-13.zip and I've tried setting it to CDMA/EvDo with no luck. I see no signal bars and cannot make phone calls.

Sent from my XT894

I had this problem once. You need to set it to global or else you'll never get a signal. Was pretty annoying, but thats the way it goes!

jmbones

Reaction score
Heard that the 2/7 build is causing black screens, is this still the case for the 2/10 build?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
2/10 just gave me a black screen, someone on xda posted a nandroid, that worked for him, I haven't tried it yet

jmbones

Reaction score
Good to know, I will hold off on installing it then or maybe do the 1/27 that I've heard works.

Last edited: