[ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

cwassman

Reaction score
Not been much chatter here in a few weeks......anything new been going on?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Re: [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] Droid 3 NEW ICS/JB Project [07-29 Alpha #2::HD Codecs]

Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) tweeted at 10:04 PM on Fri, Nov 30, 2012:
Seeing a lot of: "is dev dead for my __" posts. and if its a droid 3, bionic, razr or droid 4 the answer is no. working on 4.2.1 #patience

jojoferari

Reaction score
Not been much chatter here in a few weeks......anything new been going on?

Haha, I was thinking the same thing... instead of posting though, I bought a Galaxy S3. I am honestly sad to be leaving Motorola, but I just may be back. This will be my first non-Droid branded android phone. Unless you count the windows phone that I ran eclair on, lol.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Small update:

Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) tweeted at 3:24 PM on Wed, Dec 05, 2012:
@lucascamara97 Droid 3 4.2.1 alpha will be out eventually. It's more complicated because of the kexec kernel.

rhcp1253

Reaction score

Which is the latest build? Sorry, the links are confusing

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

newjerseyninja

Reaction score
Can someone explain the differences to me?

Hello,

I am a noob with the ROMs.

What is the difference between:

[1] AOKP

[2] AOSP

[3] CM10.1

[4] CM10

[5] CM9

ssj11mav

Reaction score
I love all the work that has been going into this project, I remember when I was using the CM9 builds that were based off the Moto kernel and I was having all sorts of problems with basic functions. amazing to see how far everything has come.
Before this latest build, I was using cm-10-20121215-UNOFFICIAL-solana. [Milestone/Droid 3][CM10][KEXEC] Jelly Bean wersja preview 15/12/2012 This seems to be where it came from. I have a few questions!

1. Does this new build include the sensor fixes? Do I have to flash them myself?

2. When I dock my phone using the official Motorola Droid 3 Dock, it no longer opens up the clock app, had to manually set it to "daydream" whenever it's charging (Because it no longer knows its docked when I do so), so that kinda gets around that. Is this intentional? Will there be a fix later?

3. Plugging my device into my computer no longer opens up USB mode. I have to turn it off and mount in safestrap in order to gain storage access. In the previous build I could use USB storage on the fly. What happened?

will17721

Reaction score
Ive had problems with this alot. I've installed with gapps and after I get to my settings to switch my network on it freezes and turns off. Someone help please

SalikMian

Reaction score
Better but still some issues

Looks better with the call answer fix.
But still has some issues which would need to be fixed before it can be called practical for use:

Still very sluggish on my 862. Especially when clicking to go from one app to another, like from address in conacts to Maps to locate the address and then to navigate; or from twitter, the link for this forum opened in the browser. It was embarrassing to ask my friend to wait while the Contacts app opened and I got to the add contacts page.

Voicemail icon does not disappear after listening or clearing out voice mail.

Compass app does not work. GPS status app does not show sensor info either. But somehow the Google Sky and another sky map app can sense orientation changes to some extent. (same as #1 in ssj11mav's reply)

USB access to internal and external USB drives (same as #3 in ssj11mav's reply)

Keep up the great work!

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Updated build with a few fixes:
- The keyboard keys backlight should now be working. There is no support for it in AOSP, so I've tied it to the hard button backlights on the front of the device. When those are on, the keyboard keys backlight will be on. Eventually, I'll look for something I can query in the OS to see if the keyboard is out or not before triggering the backlight. But for now, this is a solid fix.
- MMS is now working in the native Messaging app. No more having to use GoSMS.

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10.1-20130123-UNOFFICIAL-solana.zip

Enjoy, and I know this ROM has a lot further to go. I'm working on it as best I can. :)

For performance increase change "Background process limit" under Developer options (nearly at the bottom of the list) to "2" and see if that doesn't help some.

(Updated the OP)

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Re: [KEXEC] JB ROMS for Droid 3 [01/23: MMS/KBD Backlight Fix]

Updated build with a few fixes:
- The keyboard keys backlight should now be working. There is no support for it in AOSP, so I've tied it to the hard button backlights on the front of the device. When those are on, the keyboard keys backlight will be on. Eventually, I'll look for something I can query in the OS to see if the keyboard is out or not before triggering the backlight. But for now, this is a solid fix.
- MMS is now working in the native Messaging app. No more having to use GoSMS.

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-10.1-20130123-UNOFFICIAL-solana.zip

Enjoy, and I know this ROM has a lot further to go. I'm working on it as best I can. :)

For performance increase change "Background process limit" under Developer options (nearly at the bottom of the list) to "2" and see if that doesn't help some.

(Updated the OP)

Your work and commitment is more than appreciated. Thank you for continuing to support us D3 users.