CyanogenMod 10.2.1 is now "Stable"

buellboy9

Reaction score
It's not KitKat, but you can now get a ROM based on Android 4.3.1 for your Bionic here:
CyanogenMod Downloads

You will also need the 10.3 compatible version of Google Apps:
Google Apps - CyanogenMod

There is also a "Milestone" version of CM 11, based on KitKat so with luck we'll see a stable version of that ROM soon. Keep your fingers crossed (I know I am).

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Typo: I meant the 10.2 compatible version of Google Apps.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have recently retired Bionic that I would like to use to learn more about roms and rooting. It is not currently rooted. Can I download the link above directly, our do I need to start somewhere else?

seamus

Reaction score
buellboy9, that page has outdated info on it. The root method on that page won't work on a JB Bionic.
You need the Easy Root method explained on XDA here: Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) - xda-developers

edit: I tried to report a problem on that wiki page, but apparently you have to register, log in, etc. so i guess someone will tell them someday that their root method is almost a year out of date.

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
buellboy9, that page has outdated info on it. The root method on that page won't work on a JB Bionic.
You need the Easy Root method explained on XDA here: Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) - xda-developers

edit: I tried to report a problem on that wiki page, but apparently you have to register, log in, etc. so i guess someone will tell them someday that their root method is almost a year out of date.

I thought I remembered seeing this, but I hadn't gone looking for it yet. Thanks for posting