Custom ringtones do and do not appear? Help please.

Dark_Forge99

Reaction score
Hey, I recently got my Droid X and as I thought, this thing is a fantastic piece of equipment :)

HOWEVER, I'm having trouble with getting my custom ringtones to appear. They do, but not in all options I suppose. What I mean is, I can set my custom ringtones to play when X person calls, but I can't choose those same custom ringtones to play when I select which ringtone to play for incoming text messages.

Hopefully what I just said makes sense. I went into my microSD card, created the following path inside of Removable Storage -> /media/ringtones/. Correct me if I did anything wrong?

Reaction score
If the X is like the Droid1 you can't, by default, customize txt ringtones. Download handcent (full messaging app) or ringolite (ringtone customizer) to accomplish txt msg customization.

Edit: Comprehension fail. For txt messages, the sounds need to be in /media/notifications I believe.

OP
D

Dark_Forge99

Reaction score
Hm, I'm reading reviews on Ringolite and it seems to have mixed reviews. All of the bad reviews complain about lag, erasure of previous ringtones, and plays wrong ringtones/switches them up.

So I can access my custom ringtones through my phone. I can set them to contacts, but I can't set one for incoming text messages, so I need an application for this.

HHHMMMMMMMMMM...:dry:

naknak95

Reaction score
Download ASTRO File Manager from the Android Marketplace and try to find the ringtone. From there you should be able to do whatever you need to.