Profile to play custom ringtone or default on same contact

jlrdouglas

Reaction score
Hi!
I've had my droid for about a month now and I love it. But I've been looking for a profile manager since I miss the ease of setting up profiles on my blackberry. I've tried a few, but one thing I would love to do that I haven't seen is:

I want to be able to create a profile that will either play the custom ringtones associated with contacts or play a default ringtone for everyone.

Specifically: I have associated amusing ringtones with some people, like ac/dc and pink floyd and empire theme from star wars, which is all great. But I'm in my thirties, not my teens, and sometimes I have to go into a meeting and not have it play G. love when my boyfriend calls. I would like it to default all rings to a quiet, sedate ringtone in a "meeting" profile and then I can set a "stupid" profile to play all the dumb ringtones loud and proud when I'm at home.

Is there anything that can do this? If I was a nimbler programmer I would attempt it myself. I would pay for such an app.

Cheers!

jessicao32

Reaction score
go to the contacts(people), highlight the person you want(to higlight click and hold), click edit contact, you will see ringtone it should be on default either leave ir click on it to open up, and get it

you can also download zedge and download ringtones and set those to contacts..

hope this can help some

mlcdroid

Reaction score
Pretty sure there's an app that let's you change various aspects of your profile automatically based on your location (e.g., home v. work v. church).