custom hard cases?

tattooedgirl23

Reaction score
Those iPhone people have fun cases and other accessories!!! Where/when can Droid Bionic users get a hard case (not those skinit things, they don't protect if I drop my phone) that we can customize with photo or design?
I got a fun one from a kiosk at the mall, but it would be nice to browse a big selection or create my own.
Cafe press and coveroo don't have bionics...
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
1 iPhone many androids.. its easier and cheaper for the 3rd party accessory companies to make icrap gear..
Stores don't have the shelf space to carry android bling

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

bionic805er

Reaction score
I could never find stuff for my bionic iphone4 takes over

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried otter box??? I have one on my bionic... its a pain to get it out of... but like other otter boxes... its a tough case... this one even has a shock dampening mat glued in to the back of it... hope this helps???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Those iPhone people have fun cases and other accessories!!! Where/when can Droid Bionic users get a hard case (not those skinit things, they don't protect if I drop my phone) that we can customize with photo or design?
I got a fun one from a kiosk at the mall, but it would be nice to browse a big selection or create my own.
Cafe press and coveroo don't have bionics...
Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Stacey

Take it from a poor fool who searched high and low for frickin "fun" phone cases this christmas. the kiosk's at the mall are your best bet unless you live in so cal. i found these places here in a couple diff malls called "phone candy". they are insane. Walls of sparkly stuff. You'd be in heaven. Plus everything else you can think of. Sports, anime, etc.

Sent from my ICED Bionic

Last edited:
Reaction score
I myself have the wireless charging back on mine so no case fits it now. I put one of the armor skins on. When I had the stock battery door on I used a clear tpu case but it did add a lot of bulk to the phone. I like it more with the wireless door and the skin than anything else so far. But the tpu car did save it from a bad drop once, like a five foot to asphalt drop, and took zero damage. Boy was I relieved and much more careful now.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

tedankel

Reaction score
Same question here...got the Verizon stock plastic case and "holster" which keeps loosing the phone. Have new back cover with extended Verizon battery. What else is out there as this poor phone is getting beat up when it drops?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Same question here...got the Verizon stock plastic case and "holster" which keeps loosing the phone. Have new back cover with extended Verizon battery. What else is out there as this poor phone is getting beat up when it drops?

I'm a big fan of Diztronic TPU cases (thermoplastic polyurethane). They also make them for the extended battery.

Normal version

Extended battery version

These are the matte black type but they come in other colors as well.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Does this protect the phone or is it just a better case?

Not sure what you mean. It looks like it is a case for the phone but there is also an extended battery version of the case.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Does this protect the phone or is it just a better case?

The Diztronics provide some protection against drops and scratches, especially around the edges and corners which tend to scratch easily. They don't protect the screen directly (although the raised edge will prevent it from making contact with a horizontal surface if dropped) and they are not as sturdy as an Otterbox, but they are much lighter and thinner. It's a trade-off. Probably about the same level of protection as the rubberized case VZW sells, only it's a much tighter fit and the material feels better in the hand (my opinion of course).

jimmiethemum

Reaction score
The Diztronics provide some protection against drops and scratches, especially around the edges and corners which tend to scratch easily. They don't protect the screen directly (although the raised edge will prevent it from making contact with a horizontal surface if dropped) and they are not as sturdy as an Otterbox, but they are much lighter and thinner. It's a trade-off. Probably about the same level of protection as the rubberized case VZW sells, only it's a much tighter fit and the material feels better in the hand (my opinion of course).

Thanks, The current cover for the extended battery doesn't offer any protection and it seems this cover does offer some protection. So it would be worth buying then.