Current State of Android Dictation Apps?

soonerlater

Reaction score
Has anyone found anything better than LivoPro, Tape-A-Talk or Speakwrite?

I'd give Two Hundred Bucks for an Android app that had all of the same features as, and worked as well as, Dictamus for iOS. I loathe the thought of switching to an iPhone, but the lack of a professional grade dictation app might force me to do it. In addition to the requisite ability to pause & resume, Dictamus gives you an easy to use interface that lets you rewind easily. You can pre-configure several "destinations" so that when you finish dictating, it will automatically upload the file to a folder on Dropbox (or similar service) and send an email to your secretary alerting her that a job is waiting. See Dictamus - Dictate & Send for screenshots and a description of the state of the art. Sadly, the authors of Dictamus have zero interest in developing for the Android environment. Notwithstanding that the Android OS is now no. 1 in the world, they just don't care.

Please post back here if you find anything useful.

bestulin

Reaction score
Dictadroid - new voice recorder app

Hi,

I stumbled across this post and wanted to mention that there is a new app available on the Android Market called Dictadroid.

I developed Dictadroid with the goal of making a simple but powerful voice recorder for dictation. I believe it addresses most of the issues mentioned in this post.

Please download Dictadroid and let me know what you think. You feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Boris

GlasgowMary

Reaction score
Dictation Apps for Android - no post on this since July, 2011!!

I've been looking for a professional dictation app for Droid for ages. I would like, not just pause/resume, but also insert, overwrite, rewind & fast forward. This is what you get if you buy one of the big company software apps like Big Hand & WinScribe. NCH has the excellent Pocket Dictate for iPhone and says that the Droid version is in development. They also sell the transcription software at a very reasonable price. The email I received from NCH re:droid development is as follows:

""Development was delayed on the Android version, and we only just released our first Android App last month. WavePad and Express/Pocket Dictate are both planned to follow. I don't have definite release date for either of those, but I can promise they are being worked on, and I apologize that they have taken so long in coming.""

So there is hope for the Droid dictation market yet.

BigRed77

Reaction score
Grizz and Gunny,

I need to set up a dictation app on a droid and then be able to get that dictation to listen to so I can transcribe on a PC. From what I have followed in the forum, LivoPro and a converter for the files would be the best at this point. Is there anything better at this time? Thank You ...BigRed