Need to permanently save voicemail to MP3 or WAV or something

smiller136

Reaction score
Youmail is free and works really well. I use the youmail app which will notify you in multiple ways including an email or text message. I like that I can access voicemail from the email and then download and save the message too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MDecunsel

Reaction score
Super Easy Guys!
1. While the voicemail is playing on my droid, I click MENU and then FORWARD
2. I forward the voicemail to my email address
3. It's a WAV file and I can "save as" to my computer
DancingNexus

armymrs

Reaction score
PERMANENT SOLUTION

I tried this for months and finally solved my issue of two years of voicemails. You need three things 1)A skype account and the skype software on your desktop 2)MP3 Skype Recorder 3.1-a free software availabe from CNET 3)Audacity software-also free and available from CNET.

You will need to call your voicemail from Skype and let the recording software record all the messages you want to keep as you skip through them. This will save a large file to the place you have designated and will save it as an MP3 file. After you are done, hang up and you file will be saved. Then, import this file into the Audacity software (file, open, find the file). Using the Audacity software, you can cut each individual message from the recording and save it to your computer (the easiest thing to do is to cut, save and the use the "undo" feature to return the remaining messages to the file, then go on to the next message and repeat).

This solution gives the highest quality. I didn't notice ANY quality loss from my cell phone to my computer the way I did with other methods.

Best of luck!

groin!

Reaction score
Agh, why is this so difficult? Unfortunately, Google Voice won't work for a 2006 voicemail I saved from my mom.

Super Easy Guys!
1. While the voicemail is playing on my droid, I click MENU and then FORWARD
2. I forward the voicemail to my email address
3. It's a WAV file and I can "save as" to my computer

Never tried this. Why didn't I see this before!?!?

PERMANENT SOLUTION

I tried this for months and finally solved my issue of two years of voicemails. You need three things 1)A skype account and the skype software on your desktop 2)MP3 Skype Recorder 3.1-a free software availabe from CNET 3)Audacity software-also free and available from CNET.!

This is what I found to be the most effective way. Instead, I used Pamela recording software. Here's a how-to guide

How to save voicemails to mp3 on Verizon | stuarte.co

In this day and age, it's ridiculous that they make saving voicemails so difficult.