craigslist droid insurance

djm0017

Reaction score
hey,

i recently bought a droid on craigslist after losing my last phone to water damage. i know that i cannot get insurance through verizon. but is there any other 3rd party insurance provider that will insure my phone? thanks so much for your help!!

dan

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i would call customer service and ask.... i bought a blackberry storm off ebay and verizon let me add the insurance to it.

i even had to file a claim about 4 months later and they honored the insurance on it.

OP
D

djm0017

Reaction score
I actually called squaretrade and they told me that since I did not purchase the device from a retailer that they would not insure it. I did a bit of searching and found that ensqaured would insure it. Its 8 dollars a month and covers everything. Has anyone had any experience with them, or know of a better place?

B-RAN

Reaction score
I got my droid off of craigslist and verizon let me add insurance to it. No questions asked. Actually filed a claim about a week later because I got a lot of dirt under the screen. Good Luck!

OP
D

djm0017

Reaction score
how did you go about adding insurance to the phone. did you go to the store or call customer service or what?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how did you go about adding insurance to the phone. did you go to the store or call customer service or what?

i just called customer service and they added the insurance to a phone i bought off ebay.

state farm may provide coverage as a personal articles policy.

The state farm personal property insurance is nice because 30 dollars a year will cover up to 500 dollars.

but............ the problem with the state farm insurance is you have to be able to prove you paid over 300 dollars for the phone. Since most of us got the phone for 199 or less thats not an option unless you paid full price for the phone.

it doesn't matter what he phone is worth they need proof that you paid over 300 or they wont cover it.

B-RAN

Reaction score
Man, I just tried to add insurance to my wife's DROID that I picked up online and Verizon said "NOPE" you are not the original owner. I guess I'll roll into a Verizon store and play dumb. Any other advise out there? I had no problems adding it to my DROID that I got off of craigslist.