so would phone insurance protect against bricking?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i have never had phone insurance, instead i'm just careful. but, when rooting ability comes out, if i were to accidentally brick my phone, could i just drop it in the toilet, and drop it off my balcony, then get a new one for $50 through insurance?
this might be stupid, but thanks
(also, does insurance help you if you lose your phone?)
(how many times can you "'redeem"' insurance?)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have never had phone insurance, instead i'm just careful. but, when rooting ability comes out, if i were to accidentally brick my phone, could i just drop it in the toilet, and drop it off my balcony, then get a new one for $50 through insurance?
this might be stupid, but thanks
(also, does insurance help you if you lose your phone?)

I wouldn't think "brivking" is coverd. Loss theft damage (physical) would all be coverd. I think. If you aren't confident in trying to "root" your device. Then don't try it. I still can't figure out why anyone needs this anyway's. It awesome straight out of the box. Having said that to each his own!

carnadi88

Reaction score
I've never bought insurance for my phones and I've never broken or lost one either.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
but i mean if i were to brick it, i could just say it got stolen?
so, how many times can i 'redeem' insurance?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

First if you "said" you lost it or it got "stolen" you would be lying! Tell the truth and see if it's coverd under damge. If not pay the $500 to get a new one!

I think you can have 2 claims a year :). Enjoy

Droids

Reaction score
Reporting it stolen requires a police report if I'm not mistaken. Second the deductible is $80 on the Droid, not $50, plus the $8 monthly cost. Having said that, I don't think there would be any need to report it stolen if you have insurance covering damage, since you could go physically damage it yourself after bricking it.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
thanks guys, i just am trying to understand the technicalities about insurance. dont worry, i'm not gonna lie about anything like that (however if i were to brick it, i would be so upset i might physically damage it out of anger lol)
thanks