Cracked Samsung Screen - change in weather

hatesamsung

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this before.

Samsung issue | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Samsung issue | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is what happened to me:

Got out of my, took couple of pictures (cold weather), kept the phone on table, picked the phone, switched on the TV and while I was messaging the screen started to crack.... I was literally seeing it crack in my hands....

Possible cause - Cold weather outside... warm weather inside....

Note the small bristles near the pressure points... .I see this being the cause

Samsung says they can not do anything about it. It is outside their warranty etc.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Wow, that is a lot of cracks. Did you buy Assurion or another insurance? They should replace it

NutZ

Reaction score
Wow, that is a lot of cracks. Did you buy Assurion or another insurance? They should replace it

my phone dropped inside a case and there is a small crack under the glass my question is this. i do have insurance took it out on the day i bought the phone. do you know if they replace with a new phone it is only like 3 weeks old or a refurbished phone...i will keep it if it is refurbished to be honest. not that bad just peed off it happened i live in queens where the hurricane hit and we have a gas shortage also went to bend down to pick up gas can and it slid out of pocked hit plastic gas can then ground in the case...

S

shooting

Then maybe you have to replace both the LCD screen and the digitizer touch panel.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Well I believe you. However, that picture looks like someone went to town on the phone. Cold weather will cause that.. or a drastic change in temp. Ever take a glass pan right out of the oven and run cold water through it? Same concept here. I didn't read the rest of the posts but I really hope you got insurance on the phone. Good luck!

.:Sent from my S3:.

debrad0307

Reaction score
NutZ said:
my phone dropped inside a case and there is a small crack under the glass my question is this. i do have insurance took it out on the day i bought the phone. do you know if they replace with a new phone it is only like 3 weeks old or a refurbished phone...i will keep it if it is refurbished to be honest. not that bad just peed off it happened i live in queens where the hurricane hit and we have a gas shortage also went to bend down to pick up gas can and it slid out of pocked hit plastic gas can then ground in the case...

It's usually a new phone. However, it all depends on what Asurion has in stock. If the phone is in high demand they may give you a refurb. But having a refurb phone is better than having a broken phone.

.:Sent from my S3:.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Thank you for reporting your experience with a Samsung phone.

arrndroid

Reaction score
Just like to report that my phone fell from waist height and landed face down in gravel leaving a deep scratch a quarter inch long in the screen protector. No cracks no scratches. Just a toast screen protector and some nicks in my Otterbox.
Not all the phones are bad!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums