One Plus 6T Screen partly darker and flickers sometimes

Alzucard

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One Plus 6t
My One Plus 6t started to get a darker area around the size and the position of the keyboard. I didnt mind it mostly. It was not very noticable for a couple months and it was fairly easy fixable with turning screen off ands then on again. Since a week the screen started also to flciker soemtimes green and grey and just darker areas and leaving ghost images of certain things, just sometimes (mostly when its cold outside), Also that second flickering was easy fixable with turning screen off and on again, but it starts rather fast again. Its never the whole screen that flickers or goes darker and it seems to be related to cold weather. I first thought its a software problem cause turning it off fixed the issue for sometime. But it also happens in save mode and cache cleaning didnt help either. I honestly think by now its either teh pretty old battery having problems, or the old oled screen that deteriorated, or its drop damage (The backplate of the phone is mangled. Its cracked, front screen is fine)
I post here to see the opinion of other people. What the problem is, cause my plan is to open the phone. I cant damage it more than it already is. Well i could destroy the phone so much taht it doesnt turn on anymore, but thats not really a concern for me.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yes, I'm afraid it's possibly the screen failure and you would probably need to replace it. I know I'm not one that I would be able to do something like that, but I wonder if you don't want to do it yourself. Maybe get a replacement for a reputable phone repair shop