Screen Flicker Issue

robrie

Reaction score
Had the vertical branding after 3-4 hours of use. Gotta also wait til at least the 27th for a replacement. Other two people I know with the X haven't had the problem...yet.

timmy13

Reaction score
When did you talk to them? And more importantly, did you get a tracking number/shipping confirmation?

I talked to them around 4 a.m. pacific time and they told me to call back a little later. I called back at around 1 p.m. pacific time and asked to talk to a tech rep and told him the issues I've been having and that I saw others were having the same issues and then told him I was informed by a tech rep earlier that they had a warehouse full of droid x phones and he put me on hold and then came back on a minute later after talking to his manager and they got it shipped. They text messaged me the tracking code and it will be at my door by Wednesday afternoon they said. I just called back to confirm and make sure it was enroute and it's on it's way. I hope this helps in getting a replacement device earlier since I saw they just pushed the deliverys back until August.

Interesting. I talked to them about 1030am today, and the csr and tech i spoke with said it wont ship until 7/27. Congrats to you that you are getting yours on Wed!

I would call them back and talk to somebody else and possibly keep calling until they realize your not trying to get this device before others, you already have it and it's faulty. They sold you a faulty device and they should send you a new one asap since they have them in stock. They were very helpful when I called and realized it wasn't my fault and I needed to have a phone. I also told them I would take a refurbished phone and they refused to send me a used device. They said I just bought it and it should be replaced with a new device and they did just that. I hope you try calling back and that it works out better for you and others that are experiencing this problem.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
I talked to them around 4 a.m. pacific time and they told me to call back a little later. I called back at around 1 p.m. pacific time and asked to talk to a tech rep and told him the issues I've been having and that I saw others were having the same issues and then told him I was informed by a tech rep earlier that they had a warehouse full of droid x phones and he put me on hold and then came back on a minute later after talking to his manager and they got it shipped. They text messaged me the tracking code and it will be at my door by Wednesday afternoon they said. I just called back to confirm and make sure it was enroute and it's on it's way. I hope this helps in getting a replacement device earlier since I saw they just pushed the deliverys back until August.

Interesting. I talked to them about 1030am today, and the csr and tech i spoke with said it wont ship until 7/27. Congrats to you that you are getting yours on Wed!

I would call them back and talk to somebody else and possibly keep calling until they realize your not trying to get this device before others, you already have it and it's faulty. They sold you a faulty device and they should send you a new one asap since they have them in stock. They were very helpful when I called and realized it wasn't my fault and I needed to have a phone. I also told them I would take a refurbished phone and they refused to send me a used device. They said I just bought it and it should be replaced with a new device and they did just that. I hope you try calling back and that it works out better for you and others that are experiencing this problem.

I spoke to the CSR for about 15 mins as well as his two supervisors, and they all said the same thing. All wherehouses are empty, and they also know that my order is an exchange. They just reiterated that any order placed by today will ship by 7/27, be it a new customer, customer exchange, or upgrades. They said you got very lucky haha and that you were in the right place at the right time!

Also, any exchange within 30 days is a new device, its usually after 30 days when they send you a refurb, not to mention the fact that there are probably not even any refurbs available yet.

Anyways, enjoy your new phone on wed brotha! I am jealous!

timmy13

Reaction score
When did you talk to them? And more importantly, did you get a tracking number/shipping confirmation?

EDIT: Well, spoke to VZW again, and same thing. He said the phones are backordered and wont ship until 7/27 if ordered today. I mentioned to him your experience, and he said that you should probably double check that because he said every wherehouse is empty. Take that as you will, but regardless if you got a tracking number, good for you man I envy you!

Just checked again and it's on it's way. I'm sure they have tons of people trying to get their phone but the fact still is that you already have the phone and it's not working. You should recieve the phone just as I am, and so should everybody experiencing this or any problem with their phone. That being said I do wish you the best of luck getting your phone asap as so you should, and don't give up keep calling maybe they will finally realize your need for a phone and the fact it's not your fault you recieved a faulty product with their name on it.

robrie

Reaction score
I've called a good amount of times over the last three days. You'd think with all the problems I had with my last POS phone and this one right out the box, VZW would at least make me breakfast in bed...

vetvipe

Reaction score
I had some flickering issues while on phone calls. It would flicker to a black screen and then to the call info. Is that normal?

Speedr117

Reaction score
I got the screen issues on Saturday. Looked like there was a loose connection (i.e. the display would flicker in and out, vertical lines of random color bits, and then go to black with a white horizontal line at the very top being the only thing displayed. I rebooted, removed the battery, nothing helped. Then I removed the SD card and re-inserted it, and all was well.

Have not been able to reproduce it since.

Have any of you who have the flicker problem tried taking out the SD card? Also, did anyone who's flicker problem went away have it come back?

Thanks!

Takenumbrage

Reaction score
Have any of you who have the flicker problem tried taking out the SD card? Also, did anyone who's flicker problem went away have it come back?

I've tried everything but pulling the sd card. Resetting to factory defaults seemed to help the most, but it was back (minimal, but present flickering) about a day later. I just installed the OTA update and haven't seen any flickering in the last hour or so, hopefully that holds. If it comes back, I'll try pulling the card.

I called VZW and was told the same thing about shipping on the 27th and I would have to ship my phone to them before hand. If it comes back I'll call and see if I have any better options.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score

I've tried everything but pulling the sd card. Resetting to factory defaults seemed to help the most, but it was back (minimal, but present flickering) about a day later. I just installed the OTA update and haven't seen any flickering in the last hour or so, hopefully that holds. If it comes back, I'll try pulling the card.

I called VZW and was told the same thing about shipping on the 27th and I would have to ship my phone to them before hand. If it comes back I'll call and see if I have any better options.

Same. I reset my phone as stated before, and the flickering was intermittent, where as before reset it was continuous. Installed update, and had no effect. I still have intermittent flickering, albeit at a much less rate now. Haven't tried the SD card thing. Regardless, I placed an order for a replacement device yesterday, and should be here by 7/27 according to VZW.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
Looks like Moto/VZW have confirmed the issue (via engadget):

"Verizon Wireless and Motorola are aware of a very small number of DROID X units that have experienced a flickering or banding display. Motorola has resolved the issue and is continuing to ship the phones. Any consumer who experiences a flickering or banding display should contact a Motorola customer support center or Verizon Wireless."

Last edited:

agrzesiak

Reaction score
Somehow make it warmer

i know this probably going to sound stupid but it works with mine. mine does the same thing. but do you ever notice that it happens when it is sitting out after a while or when your using it outside. mine always has to be in my pocket or somewhere warm. dont know whats wrong with it but i noticed this when i went skiing and it started doing this. so i figured it was the coldness and it was. again i dont know if this is whats wrong with yours but it was for mine. hope this helps