help: flicker screen

chasehammer

Reaction score
ok we have come into a problem when developing our game. Everything seems to be loading fine however the screen flickers for about 30 seconds, stops then flickers again after about 30 seconds right from startup. its like random white bars with different sizes. We have gone through all the coding but have yet to figure out what is calling the flicker to happen.

Something in the layers or are we missing something? Anyone had this issue before?

using J2ME

I wasnt going to post a apk because of issues with the name not being released yet and crap but since we were about to release the info soon anyways we decided to just show splash intro apk

please be warned there is no exit on this app so will have to force close it afterwards.

please help us.

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
no never got this resolved. Probably going to ditch the whole j2me platform, sucks because that is what is native to us but from what i have gathered j2me does not compile correctly for android even though its java based os. shame.

kg4dhz

Reaction score
DroidX Flickers White (except for full brightness)

I've been having a problem ever since the latest Verizon Wireless update for my phone, from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4

When I undock it and travel, the display flickers, but not the backlight.. Having worked with LCD circuits, I know what I am looking at is the refresh cycle being missed, causing the display to decay to a white screen.

On a whim, I backed up my phone and did a full reset (mostly because the flicker was at all brightnesses, and I was hoping not to have to replace my phone yet.)

Strangely enough, the flicker is definitely gone, along with all the software I installed, and email accounts I now have to reconfigure.

Not sure if it relates to what you guys have dealt with, but quite to my surprise, my solution was a full reset.
The internal factory reset handles the entire process..

My phone is a Droid X through Verizon Wireless..

Good luck.