Screen Cracking

Neutralfate

Reaction score
The other night I was laying on the couch and had my Droid 2 laying on the table and all the sudden my screen started to crack. It ran a little (about the same as a windshield after getting hit by a rock) and then about 30 mins later it ran some more...Then finally I went to sleep quite angry cause the Verizon store here in my town closed about 10 minutes after it started cracking and I lived roughly 15 mins away. So I had to wait until the next day. I went to sleep and woke up to see it basically looking like a spider web and cracked to a ridiculous amount. I went in to try and file an emergency claim and etc and they ended up shipping out a new phone which will be here this coming Monday. But I am just wondering has anyone had this issue also? I dont understand why it would just randomly start cracking like it did. It was not hot...I had not dropped it...So there were no beneficial factors contributed by me to cause the screen to start cracking.

IanG

Reaction score
Do you have insurance on the phone?

If not, the manufacturer/Verizon isn't going to cover this, as they do view this as accidental/user damage.

OP
N

Neutralfate

Reaction score
Do you have insurance on the phone?

If not, the manufacturer/Verizon isn't going to cover this, as they do view this as accidental/user damage.

Yes I have insurance. My new phone will be here monday...